UK/EU Compatibility

I notice that the hub currently has a 110v psu and uses an external usb zigbee/z-wave stick

Do you plan to offer a UK/EU compatible device?

Andy

Andy, thank you for your interest. At this point, we do not have a EU Z-Wave Radio. Not sure when this will happen. But when we do have an answer, we will make sure to follow up with you, here in the community.

I look forward to hearing more - potential UK user here too.

Shame…
I would buy one now if you did have.
Does the manufacturer of the USB stick produce one?
I’m quite happy to source the PSU as I assume it’s just a 5vDC supply so that’s not a problem
How about being able to use an aeon z-wave stick to cover the EU frequencies?
Does the hub have more than one USB port?

Bobby,
is the USB stick off the shelf or was it custom made?
If it was off the shelf then maybe I can contact the supplier to see if they could produce an EU freq version.
If I managed to source one (assuming the instruction set is the same as the original) would it work?
I’m assuming it’s just the frequency that is different?

We really don't know if it will work, until we get a chance to test it. And at this time, I am not sure when that will happen.

If one can be found then I’m quite happy to buy one for you to play with! :slight_smile:
It will be a real shame not to support the ever growing EU/UK market

Bobby
Is there only one usb port on the hub or more?

There are two ports.

Another UK user here too, will be following you guys closely!

Another interested UK user.
This could be what we are looking for.
Please keep us all posted.
Thanks.

Just as a FYI, the z-wave/zigbee stick that comes with the hubitat is a Nortek HUSBZB-1 .

The Nortek stick has US Z-Wave frequency. We are working on a modified solution with UK Z-Wave frequency.

It would be great if we could disable the z-wave on the original stick via software so we could use an alternative stick plugged into the second usb port

Or just use two alternative sticks in place of the original.

Much appreciated, another UK sale to me when you have this.

This is exactly what we have working at the moment. Using an Aeon Z-Stick as Z-Wave radio.

Exactly… just what I need.

Just a FYI, I double-checked my Hubitat power supply and it's 100-240V 0.5A input, 50 or 60Hz. So you'd just need an adapter from North American 2 pin to whatever your local receptacle is, not a different transformer. For the UK you'd probably need a fused adapter.

One of these would probably work fine:

1 Like

When we introduce the UK version, we will ship it with a UK power supply. Coming soon…

2 Likes

Has anybody in the UK bought a hub yet via the Hubitat website.
If so, how long did it take to arrive from the day it was ordered.
I’m going on holiday soon and don’t want to order one and have it turn up while I’m away.