UK Dimmer Module - Samotech 2 wires

Just want to share this with those who want to use their existing rotary dimmer switch. I just got this

https://www.samotech.co.uk/products/zigbee-dimmer-switch-hue-compatible/

it works perfectly. It doesn't need a neutral wire.

2 Likes

Just wanted to know how you're getting on with these.

I had planned on getting more Shelly dimmers but since buying an Aqara Opple button I've discovered that Shelly doesn't support "start dimming" and "stop dimming" commands from the hub. This means that it can't be dimmed remotely by pressing & holding a Zigbee button.

Does the Samotech support that? Also; is there a minimum load, below which it requires a bypass? It's the SM314 module I'm interested in, but I presume it and the SM323 are going to be pretty much the same internally.

Options are limited for no-neutral dimmers. I know about Fibaro but with several dimmers required, cost is a factor. Cheap as possible but it needs to fit the bill! :slight_smile:

which driver is being used for the rotary dimmer out of curiosity

Hi, I only have the SM323 and works very well. Cant really comment on the SM314 When I bought it the SM323 was the only rotary dimmer switch I can find (and without the need of a neutral wire). In addition, I wanted to use my existing designer rotary dimmer which was the key. But I agree they are expensive when you compare a on/off module can cost than £10

@alexandruy2k - I need to check alter but I think I just used the generic driver

2 Likes

Hope this helps as I suspect the guts of the two devices are probably similar.
My SM314 arrived today. It paired straight away & the hub auto-assigned it the "RGBgenie Micro Zigbee Dimmer" driver which seems to be working perfectly. I haven't tried changing it... "if it aint broke..." :slight_smile:
With no neutral or bypass it's dimming nicely with no flicker, powering 3x 7.5w Crompton dimmable LEDs.

1 Like

Update to previous. The auto-assigned driver wasn't reporting the device's state accurately. I switched over to Markus' "Zigbee - Generic Dimmer (with Presence)" driver & all is good.

1 Like

Just to confirm it is just the Generic Zigbee dimmer driver i used