UK Date Format

Any update on supporting the UK date format?

1 Like

If you need something in the meantime you could try my little date formatting driver.

Thanks but its mostly for he log files and last activity

That's fair enough. The driver can't help with that.

Is the UK Date format not YYYY-MM-DD? That’s the format that my logs are in.

1 Like

Logs and Events are all in YYYY-MM-DD for me, where are you seeing something different? Is "last activity" a community based app?

The UK is format is DD-MM-YYYY

We don't all like in the US, and we don't all use a totally illogical date format! Why would you want the largest item first, its the one you are most unlikely to be interested in!

The last activity in the devices screens shows MM-DD, totally incomprehensible for me, and if I'm totally honest, pretty lazy of the programmers to not use a locale setting to deal with this.

Hi Paul
I would agree, further to this the formatting is inconsistent 3/04/2024 when it at least be 03/04/2023. Now, both sides of the pond this date is valid, but to an Englishman it's the 3rd April and not the 4th of March.
Localise your app properly guys, and I do believe people have been asking for this, for years… So it's about time it happened!

I'll admit the last activity in the Devices page does appear in that format, which is also inconsistent with the way we typically report dates down here... (the same is true in the web interface on my PC). But both the Device Detail page as well as the logs page each report yyyy-mm-dd, which I feel is a happy medium. But I'd also be happy to see one of the final pieces brought into line, but not a major deal for me personally.

Hi Simon
Yes, properly localised, or properly internationalised (internationalized), but consistent across the board would be great.
Colin :slight_smile: