Ubiquiti router recommendation

It works in bridge mode.

Edit: Neater install if the switch you're hooking up to has POE.

1 Like

oh but of-course. I even read that document, but it just keeps talking 'wireless uplink' not bridging which is why I was unclear. Thanks for doing that. I'll get one ordered and test it out in depth.

Totally agree with you. Combining WAN and LAN on a single interface is a Bad Idea™. Same for the DMZ.

But then again, I won't combine tagged and untagged on the same interface either. Maybe I'm just paranoid. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Most of us are out to get you, so no, not too paranoid. :wink:

I have a networking buddy (does it for a living) and he's the same way...separation, separation, separation. In fact I think his wife lives in a different house... :wink:

1 Like

I have done a lot of Ubiquiti here for myself and others. I would be very glad to touch base. Give me a shout and we can coordinate.

1 Like

In stock right now....be quick

3 Likes

Timing! I'd love 2 more of these, but not this week....sigh.

S.

Got one thanks! Weird I didn't get an email.

1 Like

Don't worry, I just got the notification, they're shipping it to me. :wink:

1 Like

LOL, I meant about back in stock email. You got someone else's doorbell.

I got the email late at night and snagged one before going to bed just in case. These are much nicer looking than ring IMO.

1 Like

Looks better, has better video and audio, reliable notifications, no recurring fees.
I have yet to find a negative when compared to the Ring Pro that it replaced for me.

2 Likes

I love mine. And with the power supply accessory they offer, I can install them in places without a doorbell drop nor an easy way to pull PoE. Im planning one on my back deck, & basement egress where I have outlets.

S

Does the G4 Protect Doorbell need any additional hardware like an NVR or something? Other than power of course.

Yes either a Cloud Key Gen 2+ or a UDMP, something that runs protect on it. They have a new NVR that also has protect on it also but not sure the name of it.

1 Like

or you can get all crazy with the upcoming NVR Pro

but yes without "Unifi Protect" running on something the doorbell will not 'fully function'

Will Protect run on a Pi? Anyone made a Docker container for it? That's how I run the Unifi controller for my NanoHD AP.

And with that I'm out... lol :shark:

Side note - the UniFi 6 Mesh were back in stock yesterday. I need 2, but could only order 1 due to beta qty restrictions.

EDIT: Nvm, out of stock again.

2 Likes

Yeah it only took a few hours to sell out :anguished:.