Ubiquiti G4 Doorbell integration?

10amps is apparently not enough for some people especially at night with IR light. 24v and 40amps is recommended.

1 Like

@Navat604 you were correct. It wasn't enough. I got a 16v 30va and it worked right away with no issues.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hah, my doorbell just died yesterday. It dropped from the nvr at like 3am. Nothing on the screen. Power cycling and reset button does not help. And it's 135f on the outer housing.

It's way under an overhang, like 12ft, so it's essentially not exposed to any weather or direct sunlight.

I RMA'd it and they are sending another. This is in addition to the 3 G3 Flex cameras that I've had to RMA for water damage. Still one of the best camera systems out there.

That is awesome. Good tech with good customer service.

At the risk of seeming to spam the thread again, I wanted to mention that Hubitat recently enabled the features needed to run my UniFi Protect integration natively.

Just in case anyone wants to upgrade for easier setup, there are more details in this thread (the improvements were made possible in Hubitat version 2.2.8): Ubiquiti Unifi Protect cameras - #37 by tomw

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.