Two (or more) Hubs questions

They are on my HE which at this point is my master & trying to use them via ST. ST is the app my family is used to for the time being. I don’t know if it matters but they are magichome Wi-Fi bulbs & Sengled Zigbee bulbs also attached to HE.

1 or 2 Sengled bulbs have shown the color wheel but didn’t change color. I am about to remove all the bulbs from all categories except RGBW & try it out. If that doesn’t work my other (groan) is move all bulbs back to ST & push them to HE.

ok, to test that direction.. I'll send my Hank RGBW to ST.

There is no 'tiled dth' for RGB yet. But there is a stub universal.

Works:

63492fc2 6:11:47 PM: debug Received event from Server/Hank RGBW LED Bulb: [switch, off , isStateChange: true]
63492fc2 6:11:44 PM: debug Received event from Server/Hank RGBW LED Bulb: [switch, on , isStateChange: true]
63492fc2 6:11:32 PM: trace HubConnect Switch Annunciator exists... Skipping creation..
63492fc2 6:11:31 PM: trace Creating Device HubConnect RGB Bulb - Hank RGBW LED Bulb... 192.168.7.64:271...

On Off works, but without a Tile'd DTH, your family won't be impressed :slight_smile:

I’ll try to get my log files & I can post them on here to let you take a look. So far same result. No rgb so I’m now leaning towards having the bulbs on ST & sync those back to HE. If u think that would work better?? I want to get HE setup for stability & local control

I added tiles to a DTH and color temp works along with On/Off -- but I'm stumbling with setColor.

I wouldn't be too quick to move them to ST.. there's lots of Universal Drivers still to be 'upgraded'

1 Like

10 4 I’ll try tomorrow to put them on as color temp bulbs. I will try several things & time needed to stay as removed from ST. I have already put to much time, money etc on ST. Another option is make time to look into HE to Home Assistant on my pi 3+....

Thanks for the quick responses & this looks very promising

I’m having a similar issue with OSRAM RGBW and 2 HE hubs. No color change between hubs, but color temp, dim and on / off work. Mr. Maxwell said it was a bug and will possibly fix.

1 Like

Multiple hubs, we are going to need some 3D printer creator on etsy create some 'rack' to hold all the hubs. That would be a funny sight. :innocent:

I ordered a second HE hub. I want to split my devices so one runs all the home security devices and the other runs all the home automation devices. Both will have primarily Zigbee devices with a few Z-Wave devices (thermostat, siren, and glass break sensor). We don't have a big house, so distance should not be a problem for the two Zigbee mesh networks.

What Zigbee channel numbers are best to use for the two networks? The current hub is on 20. Would 25 be best for the second hub?

Depends on your 2.4ghz WiFi channels. I tend to run my 2.4ghz network in the high channels and my Zigbee in the lower channels. For instance, on my hub, I'm on channel 15. My Hue hub is on channel 20 and my HUSBZB-1 is on channel 18. My WiFi is on channel 8.

1 Like

Thanks. When the new hub arrives, that should be helpful.

@csteele how close are your hub are they close together or do spread them around you house because of coverage? Or does it matter? I'm thinking of doing the setup that up have with a controller hub etc. Was just curious if it matter where placement of the hub are at?? Thanks

Semi scattered. I have the ZRadio hubs near to the center of the “sphere” of Zdevices. Meaning: if I imagined all my ZWave devices within an imaginary sphere, I tried to put a hub (and its imaginary smaller sphere) as close to the center. I really just need to be close enough to have the hub get to many repeaters and then let the repeaters do what they do so we’ll. :smiley:

The coordinator is convenient to an available Ethernet port. No radios are enabled, it does its job strictly via Ethernet. It’s far away from the center of that imaginary sphere :smiley:

One hub has ZWave and Zigbee and I’ve placed it to be best for ZWave. The 2nd hub is ZWave only and is pretty near actually because center of downstairs is pretty much 5-6 ft lower than the center of upstairs.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to having another hub to offset the load.

@csteele Thanks for the info. I have another issue I link my Lutron Pro Hub to the second hub and try to put a rule in to control one of Pico 5 buttons but not having any luck? Is there something that I need to do? problem that I have is that I can create a button control but button do not work on second hub? Thanks.

What I do is I have the Lutron Integration on all of my hubs, you can also pick which devices you want in a hub by only adding the devices you want on the Lutron Integration. It'll work fine on multiple hubs, I have mine on all 3 hubs I have.

I have them showing up in both hubs but on second hub cannot get the button device to work?Thanks

Are you using Lutron Integration on both hubs or Hubconnect on the second hub for that Pico Remote?

I got it working. I made a mistake but got it and working good thanks for your help.