Tuya Zigbee Repeater issues

Hi!

I bought 3 Tuya Repeaters, as recommended in this post

They paired without issues as 'Device', and I then switched driver to 'Generic Zigbee Repeater (with Presence).

But I see a lot of errors in the logs, and little to none devices connect to the, according to my charter.

This is the error and device info:

The errors also appear if i select 'Device' or 'Ikea Tradfri Repeater'

Any help would be appreciated. :blush:

Have you tried this community driver (with a "Wipe"):

1 Like

Did you initialize the device?

I did not know that driver, i will test it and report back.

I removed power 3 times to pair it, if that is what you mean?

There's a button at the top of the device page labelled "initialize" which needs to be pressed when it is created with a new driver. This applies to most devices when first created.

1 Like

Thanks, i was not aware of that. :+1:

ive had 2 of 4 of these drop off the mesh and require power down reboot.. cannot recommend them.. especially when in a remote hub.

1 Like

I have one in each room.

No driver is needed. β€˜Device’ is fine.

1 Like

Markus's driver has presence which is handy to see if it's dropped off (However I don't recall any issues with them over the last few years).

It appears you have switched drivers and old schedules from the prior driver exist. Change to "Device" driver and delete all states and schedules .
Then load this driver:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/hubitat-Markus-Li-fork/release/drivers/expanded/zigbee-generic-repeater-expanded.groovy

1 Like

After i switched to the Zigbee Monitor Driver, did a wipe then an initialize, it looks like the error in the logs has disappeared. I actually think the initialize would have fixed it, regardless of the driver.

It also looks like the devices acts as repeaters to some other devices according to the list on the device page, even though i can't see those devices linked to the repeaters on the zigbee chart. I'm guessing it's because the chart is in beta.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your input and suggestions :blush:

1 Like