Tuya IR Remote - Working!

Hi all. I recently bought tuya IR remote/ blaster from AliExpress. Link is here: https://a.aliexpress.com/_onam8uq 1
Thanks to @kkossev , found a driver that works with this device. I can teach codes etc.
Driver is here:
GitHub - luckygerbils/hubitat-tuya-zigbee-ir: Hubitat Driver for Tuya Zigbee IR Remote Controls
Thanks to luckygerbils.
Here some photos for controlling my HVAC unit.

6 Likes

Looks interesting, for under $3 wth, roll the dice.
Ordered. :crazy_face:

Driver raw

Yes. Krassimir is ACE!

1 Like

Here all credits should go to the GitHub user luckygerbils !

2 Likes

Ordered. I wonder if this one phones home to CN?

It is Zigbee, fully local. No way to phone home.

2 Likes

Ok. First problem:
For people who wants to control HVAC , remote control ( at least mine ) creates everytime different IR code.
Example:
IR code for 24 degrees cold is different from 24 degrees hot. My HVAC remote control sends degree / mode / fan speed all together.....
I think for people who wants to control their tv it will be ok...

2 Likes

Should still be possible to control an a/c with IR commands if you teach enough of them to the device, although that’s tedious I admit.

This is the first IR controller that uses zigbee with a Hubitat driver that I’ve seen.

I’m pretty tempted to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Just thinking how many possibilities can be.... It will be frustrating but just started. At least it is working and the problem is not with the device itself.

Mine arrived. I have one installed and tested on Maker API and RM4. learncode and sendCode worked on first try. On RM, the device type is 'Button' --that took a bit of searching.

1 Like

I just make list on excel for the commands vs names.
An example: 24 degrees cold higher fan level is 2413 which is 24 for degree 1 for cold 3 for fan level....
And what is RM? Rule manager something?
Ps: You can make secondary dashboard named remote and add many virtual buttons you want.

Have you figured out how many codes a Remote can memorize and execute? The tiny-tiny print
in the user pamphlet said a maximum of 3 air conditioners but I didn't see the limit on codes.

RM?

Yeah, Rule Machine. I stayed with an older version (4).

dashboard

That's good to know. But in my case, everything runs by RM, HE Apps (native & non-native), and voice. I go weeks without using a dashboard other than to glance at some tiles used as indicator lights. My wife prefers voice or buttons.

Received mine as well, so of course had to crack it open. :crazy_face:
And since I had it open, glued in a washer and covered it with tape, for weight and magnetic mounting.

Pics

Tested on my Sony TV in the office, power on/off works. :smiley:
Nice little device, probably order another... or two.

Device pairing info
Manufacturer: _TZ3290_gnl5a6a5xvql7c2a
Endpoint 01 application: 43
Endpoint 01 endpointId: 01
Endpoint 01 idAsInt: 1
Endpoint 01 inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,0003,ED00,E004,0006
Endpoint 01 initialized: true
Endpoint 01 manufacturer: _TZ3290_gnl5a6a5xvql7c2a
Endpoint 01 model: TS1201
Endpoint 01 outClusters: 0019,000A
Endpoint 01 profileId: 0104
Endpoint 01 stage: 4

or eight.

It's been my experience with HE that good, cheapish, zb devices have a high mortality rate in the marketplace. I started here when Lowes was dumping the great Iris product line --lesson learned.

I have a portable electric heater in the bathroom that can use an IR remote.
Unit has to have power first, before it can be turned on.
This might work.
Of course, I will still have the existing ZEN04 continue to auto shutoff in a half hour, just in case, :slight_smile: .

Thanks.

Just got the 4 I ordered.

First time order with Aliexpress, I believe; came just as fast as Amazon does for this non-Prime person, lol.

So, I guess I'll have to see if I can get it to work. :slight_smile:

Second one, different version (item 1005006736950992), more money but that intro special is over so cheapest option I could find, gone up now as well.

Paired and grabbed the same driver, seems to work fine.

Device pairing info
Manufacturer: _TZ3290_7v1k4vufotpowp9z
Endpoint 01 application: 43
Endpoint 01 endpointId: 01
Endpoint 01 idAsInt: 1
Endpoint 01 inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,0003,ED00,E004,0006
Endpoint 01 initialized: true
Endpoint 01 manufacturer: _TZ3290_7v1k4vufotpowp9z
Endpoint 01 model: TS1201
Endpoint 01 outClusters: 0019,000A
Endpoint 01 profileId: 0104
Endpoint 01 stage: 4
3 Likes

Well, I figured out how to turn on/off my Lasko electric area heater.