Turning on/off disabled light

Hello,

I have a dimmer switch that I'm trying to use as a normal switch. It's a Zooz Central Scene Dimmer with Manual Control set to Disabled. Below is the rule set I'm using. Nothing happens when I press either of the buttons on the switch. I can see that the hub is receiving the button press events, but I'm not sure why it's not toggling the light.

Logs:

pushed 2 Back Porch Lights Button 2 pushed DEVICE physical 2021-07-25 11:13:36.435 AM CDT
pushed 1 Back Porch Lights Button 1 pushed DEVICE physical 2021-07-25 11:13:31.620 AM CDT

Do the "on" and "off" commands on the device page for the Zooz working as expected? If not, this rule won't be able to do it, either. In that case, perhaps remote (Z-Wave) control is a so disabled. If they do, then I'd verify that the "switch" attribute under "Current States" (also on the device page) updates as expected, as the "Toggle" action in Rule Machine depends on this being accurate.

Do you want either button to turn the light on or off? Thats the way this rule will work. Or do you want up to be on and down to be off?

Also what might accomplish your goal is to set the MINIMUM brightness parameter to 99, then it cannot be dimmed below the maximum via the paddle, so dimmed would basically be disabled.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes - I can turn the switch on and off in its device page. The switch state changes under Current States from on to off and vice-versa.

Yeah that's fine to have either button toggle the light. I'm just trying to get the minimum rule set needed to test the idea.

I have the minimum and maximum brightness set to 99%. If I enable manual control and press one of the buttons it just dims the light up really fast (1 second). If I turn on the light from Hubitat the light turns on instantly without dimming.

Set the ramp rate to 0, this should give you the instant on/off

This is from the ZEN27 docs, not sure if thats what you have so your param # might be different.

Thank you. I was able to get this to work. I switched its device type to the Basic Z-Wave and set param 9 to 0.

Just FYI if you use my community driver it exposes all of the parameters.
And if you are still having issues getting rules to work feel free to post back. I just thought this would be a more "proper" solution for the issue at hand since it is built into the device with the correct parameters set.