Trying to get TTS to speak to work on a Google Home mini

Bummer

let me start a new thread to see if someone has achieved this to resume music after TTS. tks

I have taken off the line that I should have not included and the NodeJs was succesfully installed then I installed then I just installed version 8.16.0 with command "sudo node-install -v 8.16.0"

after that I tried to install the cast-web-api-cli in multiple ways but all of them looks not working because when I type cast-web-api-cli it will say command not found instead of giving me the address. See what I mean in yellow highlight below

any idea what I am now doing wrong? I have as per the last portion of my screen shot node version 8.16.0 and npm version 6.4.1

What happens if you type

Node cast-web-api

?

tried with node cast-web-api and as well with node cast-web-api-cli and looks there is an error:

Does cast web api exist in the folder /home/pi ?

Seems -g should have installed it globally so you can just type the command anywhere.

If you can locate the files. Try running the com.mand in that folder.

no but that had to be automatically created in previous steps is not it?

Look in node modules.

yes is there. How can I run it from that folder? sorry never used Linux before :frowning:

From the command line

cd node_modules

Then cd again in to the cast web folder.

Then run the command.

if not mistaken since the beggining I should have only installed the cast-web-api-cli but by error I omitted the "cli" so I installed both that why I have both folders I guess.
Now with the assumption that I have to use the cast-web-api-cli I wanted to get into that folder as per your suggestion but it said that it was not found but it actually exists:

Now, I was trying to go back to previous dir and I typed cd node-modules and it entered a deeper folder, how to go back??
should I use the cast-web-api folder or the cast-web-api-cli ??

I just saw that I used _ instead of - my bad
could you just let me know how to go back to previous folder?

CD .. to go back.

this is the result. Still not working at all

Lol I meant type cast-web-api there.

you mean without "cli" at the end ?? I tried that as well, same result..

Type ls then push enter. Show me the contents of the folder.

here it is for both folders:

Try

Node index.js