I am a non power user who has been dabbling with home automation using the Google Home app. I've been doing basic things like a wakeup and nighttime sequence. But it has come to my attention that I would like to control multiple devices in the sequences, and I cannot do that with Google. So now, I need a hub.
Things I'd like to do:
At specific times of days, tell multiple products or phone apps (Spotify, youtube, ticktick) to do something.
When entering or exiting my home, do certain things with multiple products.
Set up automations with multiple products to respond to Google Assistant phrases.
Control all devices on a mobile app if needed (versus individually opening up each specific device app)
My current products:
- Google Homes, Google Home hubs, Google minis
- Nest thermostat, Nest security, Nest doorbell, Nest smoke detectors
- Lutron Caseta dimmer switches, on/off switches, and pico remotes. Do not have the pro hub.
- Hue light bulbs with RunLessWire dimmer switches
- Nexx Grage controller
- Random Tuya LED light strips connected to a Lutron switch
- Roku streaming stick+ (Can you even control these?)
- Wyze cameras
- Accurite weather station
I am not a programmer. I do not want to write code or install packages or screw with my network setup, nor would I even know how. I just want to be able to make rules and have it work with my devices.
I want things to respond quickly. If I currently set something up on my phone with ITTT, for instance to trigger when I arrive home, it takes 10 minutes to run
I don't care about privacy or security, none of that is a selling point to me. I just want stuff to work.
So, is Hubitat for me? Will I be able to do it, or is it too hard?