Hi - looking for advice to work out some kinks. Been reading all I can on the forum here and believe I have a pretty clean setup but every once in a while (maybe every couple of days ~ once a week perhaps, I haven't been tracking precisely) I get some real poor response.
Here's my most recent example - this morning I tell Alexa (echo in the kitchen) to turn on "basement lights" which is a group of 4 dimmers, 2 switches, and a plug. Nothing happens... as I am walking down the basement I turn on one switch manually for the stairs then I tell Alexa (echo in the basement) turn on basement lights... some lights come on but a few don't. I open the Hubitat app on my phone to check the status and attempt to turn on the lights that didn’t respond through the app. One of the lights I am attempting to turn on, turns on then off - I must have toggled it as it was finally responding to the voice command. I try to toggle it again through the app and its really slow to respond. I walk over and turn on the physical switch... whatever, I go about my morning routine. When I am done in the basement I tell Alexa (the basement one again) Turn off basement lights - everything responds as it should.
It doesn’t just happen with a particular switch or this group. This is just my recent example.
I am running v 220.127.116.11 and only have 3 built in apps installed: Amazon Echo Skill, Basic Rules, Groups and Scenes ... plus one user app: BWA Spa Manager
No ghosts that I can tell. Some of my devices have awkward routes but I've tried repairs and they seem make no difference. Sometimes air-gapping and refreshing will get a more direct route but it of course reverts back after a while.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I am happy to provide whatever detail helps.
as for devices working outside of Alexa... Alexa is usually my first stop but I tried to indicate above that I was getting odd response from the Hubitat app also. devices page would be my last stop, rarely would open it unless I was setting up some automation. Before the rejoining of everything with no security I was having some automation issues where not all devices were working on schedules, but I deconstructed and simplified everything to basic rules and groups too so I'm not sure what all helped in that regard
The only thing I see, is that you have a Z-Wave mesh that makes many jealous. Please send me your hub id in a private message so we can take a look at your engineering logs. You shouldn't have latency based on the details you've shared.
Got your PM and checked your engineering logs. The logs look as clean as your Z-Wave mesh. I cannot think of a reason why you'd have bad experience. One explanation may be that occasionally you may have one or more devices that stop communicating properly. That would explain the need of "air-gapping" the device to get it to behave properly. Finding the device(s) with problems is not an easy task. I would replace those devices that need occasional "air-gapping ".
... anyway I did not try the group from the device page - only the individual switches from the hubitat app. its random and thankfully only every-so-often so I am sure at this point they would be responsive