Trouble with double tap driver only working for one device

I'm using Jasco dimmer switches for most of my house. I wanted to add a double tap feature to turn on multiple or other lights. I found this driver which works perfectly for one device.

To add the driver to a device, I go to the device and set the Type to the GE Z-Wave Plus Dimmer per the directions. I did this for a few devices

For the working device, I go to rule machine, create new rule, name it, set trigger even to button device, select my device. Here's where things differ. It works for master bedroom light, but not the office light.

Master bedroom light:

I can select my button numbers and do whatever I want.

The office light works differently for reasons I can't explain. Basically anything related to the button is missing. Same device type, same driver, same physical device. The actions are simply missing.

I tried "tricking" the hubitat into adding the device by setting the button device as master bedroom, then changing it to office light, then configuring the actions. That doesn't work.

There's no errors in the chrome developer tools, and acts the same in any browser. I'm at a complete loss.

A few questions first.

So both buttons have the same firmware?
Did you hit configure on the device after changing the driver?
Are the button presses showing up in the logs?

If you have checked these off, I would recommend first creating a simple button controller from scratch in the button controller app.

After changing FW in my Zooz switches I have found button controllers often need to be deleted and recreated.

Just yesterday on a Zen27 I added an action for button 4 and it wasn’t firing. The button4 was showing in the logs. Deleted it and recreated it and everything worked.

1 Like

Omg I didn't hit configure. I did on the first light when I was just clicking everything in the device trying to figure it out.

For my future knowledge, how do I check the firmware?

Awesome. Glad you have it worked out.

On the device page if you scroll down under data it may show the version details.

This is a screenshot from one of my Zen27

I have one GE switch and it does not show the details though.

Thanks. I thought it should be there, but I have all GE lights so I didn't see the version.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.