Tradfri repeater feedback

Hi guys,
I just set up some tradfri repeater and wonder if they give kind of feedback regarding there function... like a log entry or an event or so?
Does someone has experience whit them?

thanks

No logging of any kind.

You can (usually) see them in the zigbee child routing page to verify that are still routing on the network though.

http://hub_ip/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

1 Like

okey, thanks.
So that means, for now, one repeater is good placed, the other not so much.

I will give it some time of course so the mesh can integrate it at some point.

It says LQI is 255 for both. What am I missing that make you think one is doing better than the other? If you want routing info and more detail , you need an Xbee.

1 Like

oh, you're right. I read it wrong.

thanks

1 Like

I recently purchased the tradfri repeater to assist with an aquara contact sensor. Do I pair the contact sensor with the hub or the repeater? And how do I know when the contact sensor has paired with the repeater?

I can pair the sensor with the hub successfully, but as soon as it falls out of range it goes to sleep.
I have successfully paired the repeater to the hub as well?

How should this be set up?

Thanks in advance

Have you checked the zigbee child routing page to see what is connected?

Aqara devices require all your zigbee repeaters to be Aqara compatible. I run all my Aqara sensors on a separate Hubitat with 8 Aqara-compatible repeaters (5 Tradfri plugs, 3 Tradfri USB repeaters).

1 Like

Pair (and keep) the contact sensor near the repeater. The Trådfri repeaters are not very powerful, so if you move them too far from the hub or the device too far from them, they don't do any good. Most Zigbee devices will change routes on their own, but the Xiaomi are reluctant to do that. I don't think Xiaomi intended this, as their Gateway seems to rely on them all working as end devices without repeaters.

Chinese apartments are small and that's their primary target, so that type of setup isn't a problem. The new Xiaomi Aqara Gateway coming out supports up to 90 end devices instead of the current 32 limit, so it seems they don't have plans to change the way they do things. Although the new Gateway and devices support Zigbee 3.0, so that might change.

1 Like

Thanks
I ended up pairing the sensor and the repeater to the hub then tried the sensor near the repeater. It worked! Placed the contact sensor on the required door and it all appears to be working fine i.e. fast reaction tine to opening and closing the door. Just have to see if it maintains that. I have one of these on my front door, (closer to the hub) and it has never missed a beat.

Thanks for the responses

2 Likes

Thanks for that tip
Yes now both repeater and sensor in zigbee routing table

1 Like

I bought a few of these. I noticed on the device page there really is nothing displayed for states and the 2 buttons in the driver don't seem to do anything.... Is it correct?

Pushing the buttons should generate log entries with either route or link info.

Got it, thanks!