So I'm planning my home now and I chose Hubitat to be my hub (already ordered ) .
Because the home is still under construction then I can now tell them to place more sockets, change wiring and everything so it will be easier later to build the automated system.
Edit: all devices are 220v supported.
My goals of the automated home:
- Turn on/off lights in all the "service" places - kitchen, restrooms, hallways, balcony, closet by motion
- Same for AC
- Allow to control all switched, blinds, ACs from wall mounted tablets around the home (each tablet show deferent options)
- Save power - turn lights and ACs when no one at home.
- smart lock and ring - be able to remotely monitor and control it.
- Security - know and record when some un wanted person is coming
- Routine - have some automated routines for morning, night, vacation, go out from home, entering home.
- Voice control - Allow to control lights, ACs, music, routines with voice.
- No battery replacement or very little
The devices I chose: (Matching the map below)
S1-S16: Fibaro switches (single, double and dimmer)
M1-M11: Aeotec 6 in 1 motion sensors (plugged with usb)
T1-T3: Kindle Fire tablets (mounted)
B1-B7: Fibaro Roller shutter
AC1-AC2: BroadLink rm's (one big and one mini)
Key: August Smart Lock
So till now is my plan, and because it is going to be costly and also that now I can do any change I want in my future house, I don't want to do some stupid mistake and mess it up.
here are my questions:
- Do you think the devices I chose are good and will integrate good with HE?
- Think the goals can be archive with the system described? or I missing something?
- Do you see any way to improve it? add anything to it?
Thanks and sorry for the long one
Here is the map: