Tip: Removing invisible nodes and updating device firmware

Facing the same issue. Used the silabs driver, device is showing as UZB in device manager. Zwave pc controller is throwing the below error. Any help here will be appreciated

Mine looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 1.43.35 PM

Com 4 (for me) is a Series 500 stick Flashed with Zniffer Firmware.
Com 7 (for me) is the Series 700 stick used in PC Controller.

They seem to need different drivers but I have lost every bit of my Windoz skills.

Yeah that's the driver selected for me as well, but still getting the error

Ok I am not sure what I did, but I was able to connect now. I paired it with the hub. What are virtual nodes 2-5? Are these internal zwave nodes? They don't show up in my hubitat devices list

I used the driver in the PC Controller directories w/my UZB stick and it works.

Installed the program, then connected the stick, and it was recognized w/out adding any driver manually.

Looks like this in Device Manager:

Driver should be:

When I used the PC Controller app w/my UZB stick I had to try multiple times for the app to make the connection. If you get the error just keep going back to the settings screen, keep hitting Detect, Refresh, and Discover, click on the discovered device, and hit OK to try again.

In one session it worked the first time. In a later session it took many tries for the PC Controller app to connect to the stick. Who knows, but a reboot of your PC, or remove/reinsert of the stick may help.

1 Like

I created a PDF on using the UZB stick to remove a ghost, based on my experiences and a ton of help from others, especially @erktrek, in an endless horror movie of a PM thread where I asked approximately 1 billion questions. :smiley: Dropbox link below:

How to Use UZB Stick to Remove Ghosts

5 Likes

Thanks! That could have been it. I did try to connect several times, and at one point it just connected

THanks but Can't download from that link.

What happens when you click on it?

You should see something like this:

same but if you click , its just a bunch of popup ads

Odd....when I click on "Download Now" the file just downloads. When you click you get a ton of pop-ups, and nothing downloads?

it wants to download a file fp_player.exe. That's not your file

Nope - OK, sorry, maybe that's a bogus site to use, apologies if it tried to dump stuff on you. I'll PM you a link, and find a better way to make the file available.

Thanks. If you have dropbox , you can share a link to a file

Couldn't get that stick to work. I got a Zooz stick from Amazon. Worked right away.

1 Like

PM sent. Yup, I'll get a normal link up and running.

got the pdf. thanks

K, updated the link above to a simple dropbox link. Thanks for the feedback and testing, @jir591.

I removed the 8 ghost nodes in PC Controller. But they still show up in HE Zwave details page. Does this page get updated later?

When I removed the one I had w/the UZB stick, it was removed from the Z-Wave Details page. I assume you've exited and returned to the page to allow it to refresh. I believe mine was gone right away.

Do they show any routing at all, if you hit Discover, or Refresh on those devices? If not, they are likely just visual artifacts. Not sure why they are persisting for you, no one else has reported that. @erktrek - you seen this happen?