Time / Date formats

I am building my first dashboards and was hoping in a few feature enhancements related to the time and date tiles.

I am European, but live in the USA. It gets really confusing for me when we are in the first 12 days of the month when dealing with dates as I am still used to day-month-year format. To eliminate the confusion I typically use this format: 28-Oct-2019 or this format when only numbers are allowed: 2019-10-28. Can both formats be added?

Also, I noticed that I have to set the format for every single dashboard. It would be nice for the user to be able to provide a default preference, and then allow overriding that on a dashboard level in the unlikely event it were desired. As is, I have to change the default every time. If the date is in the DD-MMM-YYYY format, then my US citizen wife would not get confused, and neither would I. Of course, it is "today's date" so unless we are half asleep we know what is what, but it still looks wrong to me at first glance.

This will also make Hubitat way more friendly for non Anglo countries.

4 Likes

I would also love to see the YYYY-MM-DD date format. This would be a great addition that make dates much less confusing!

4 Likes

I would also really like to see the YYYY-MM-DD format.

2 Likes

I also vote for date format in accordance to ISO 8601.

YYYY-MM-DD

3 Likes

1 more vote for the YYYY-MM-DD format.

4 Likes

And another vote for the YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss (ISO) format and of course 24h clock.

3 Likes

@bravenel Can you please add a drop down selection in RM and BC for the %date% as you have for %time%?

I really would like to have YY-MM-DD since nobody in Sweden uses the 26-Feb-2022 format so it looks weird to us.

I will look into it. I understand the annoyance!

In US there is no single way to represent dates, and I often use the format that you prefer. This would be best done as a hub-wide settable option, but getting that done has eluded us simply from a priority perspective. But, perhaps RM can rise to the occasion.

1 Like

Like this:

2 Likes

Any update on this? I don't use the dashboard but the reading log files and events are annoying.