ThirdReality products available in EU, UK and AU

I was surprised today to find that ThirdReality products are now available in EU, UK, and EU Amazon stores.

ThirdReality products are a very good alternative to the ##### Tuya devices. Almost all of the TR Zigbee/Matter products are supported natively by Hubitat.

Here are some interesting products that I put in my basket :

The popular TR energy monitoring plug is now available in EU :

THIRDREALITY Zigbee Smart steckdose mit Stromverbrauch

model : 3RSPE01044BZ (different than the US!)

Amazon .de : (link)

( I couldn't find UK and AU sockets)
Update 16-May-2024 : received, working on the support in the Tuya Metering Plung driver.

Vibration sensor : hopefully a better alternative than the Tuya and Aqara vibration sensors that are popular in EU :

Amazon .uk : (link)
Amazon. au : (link)

Water Leak sensor

Amazon .uk : (link)
Amazon .au: (link)

There are more interesting gadgets from TR, but the availability depends on the region - not all items available in the US/CA Amazon stores can be purchased in EU/UK/EU .

As soon as I have my hands on these, and of course, add healthStatus in the community custom drivers : ) I will comment on my findings how they compare to the equally priced Tuya/Aqara/Sonoff products.

10 Likes

I'm a fan of the Third Reality line of products.
I didn't realize how "spoiled" we are here in the US in terms of product availability.
I use their motion, contact, and water sensors... have used them for a year with no issues.
And of course, your drivers I believe are part of the reason for success.

Anyways, if I can ever assist in ordering stuff here in the US for you and sending it your way, I'd be happy to help. Again, thanks for all you do!!

1 Like

Yes I've had the TR vibration sensor since 12/5/23. It's held the same 16 bit ID since being paired. And it's NOT overly chatty like the Tuya vib sensors

Here's the data section

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 28
  • firmwareMT: 1233-D3AB-00000028
  • inClusters: 0000,0001,0500,FFF1
  • manufacturer: Third Reality, Inc
  • model: 3RVS01031Z
  • outClusters: 0019
  • softwareBuild: v1.00.40
1 Like

What are people's experiences with the 'pet friendly' motion sensor. I have a dog and a cat, worth converting to them?

Their T&H sensors didn't make a great impression on me.

Besides the lack of a clock on the LCD display (if compared to the equally priced Tuya devices), do you have any other remarks?

The reporting periods and the thresholds should be configurable…

3RTHS24BZ

Update: I found my own comment here ..

Besides not being configurable and chatty they would drop off.
Other than that, they were fine. :slight_smile:

Are you willing to give it another try again?

Lol, sure, why not?

1 Like

Change the driver to Tuya Temperature Humidity Illuminance LCD Display with a Clock driver.

In the Preferences section, select:

• Debug logging- enabled
  • Advanced Options - enabled
  • Model Group - “Zigbee NON-Tuya”
  • temperature sensitivity 0.1 deg
  • humidity sensitivity- 1%
  • Minimum time between temp reports - 20 seconds
  • same for humidity
  • Maximum time between temperature reports -300 seconds (5 minutes)
  • same for humidity

Click on the Save Preferences button, while clicking on the sensor physical button at the same time.l to wake up the sleepy Zigbee device.

Observe the live debug logs - is there a confirmation for successful reporting configurations?

Will do.
But, is the device still reporting as it wishes with the driver controlling what is seen by the user?

We can understand that looking at the events registered in the Events tab.

• the device must send updates when the temperature changes more than 0.1 deg. Celsius.
  • the device must NOT send updates more frequently than 20 seconds between the reports.
  • the device MUST send temperature and humidity updates unconditionally every 5 minutes, even if there was no change in the temperature or the humidity.

As I recall, the device sent the temp as well as humidity updates with a very small change. Then, it couldn't make up its mind, and would go up and down, bracketing around a reading, reporting every time.

Have in mind, that configuring 0.1 degrees Celsius threshold may be outside of the device specs….
You can try with a higher threshold,
0.3 or 0.5 C first.

1 Like

IIRC, that's just a sensor-angle trick played by mounting it upside down (or vice versa). There's no software-based filtering smarts or special sensor filter or anything like that.

The upside-down angle trick may work OK in certain situations, but in general, I wouldn't consider them any more pet-friendly than any other PIR.

1 Like

I've replaced many of my sensors with TR. I absolutely love AAA battery sensors. Motion sensor is a bit of a let down in some use cases as it's field of view is a bit narrow. Just realized today I bought a TR vibration sensor but have no idea what to do with it. I've had some Aqara vib sensors but they were too unreliable so I pulled them and found other ways to automate everything instead of vibration.

Any thoughts or interesting ideas on vibration sensor uses?

Electric dryer monitoring. I have a ST multisensor on mine that reports active when the dryer is running and I have a rule to notify me when done.

I couldn't get that to work sensitivity wise and my dryer is not a fancy smooth dryer. I solved that by putting a temp/humidity sensor on the inside of the door. The temp portion of the sensor stopped working the first time but it still reports humidity after a year of use.

2 Likes

Yes

You can send me in a DM debug logs that include several hours of operation.

1 Like