Thirdreality Motion Sensors on a C8

Looking to buy some Thirdreality motion sensors and wanted to see if anyone was having issues with them after migrating to a C8? I've got a Hue sensor that I've had issues with and if the Thirdreality sensors are having issues too I will wait to order them until the issues are sorted out.

i would double check that the configuration parameters ie. how often to reset motion and report actually work.. in the 4-1 sensors they are no-ops..

I have several Third Reality motion sensors connected to my C8 hub that continue to work fine.

They are all located on the lower level of our house, the hub is on the upper level.

That is great news! Just the info I was looking for. Thanks!

I have one outside the house in a metal mailbox along with third reality contact sensor. They appear to have a strong radio, stable and quick to connect to Hubitat. Really happy with this brand.

1 Like

@byarnell05 I had both and indoor and outdoor Hue sensor drop off after the C-8 migration. Updating the firmware seems to have resolved the problem. They have both been solid for the last ten days or so. They are a bit pricey which is what brought me to this thread. I've been happy with the Third Reality moisture sensors so I thought I'd give the motion sensor a try for a new location.
EDIT: after almost two weeks one of the Hue outdoor sensors has dropped off. A tap of the pairing button the back brought it back with the pair zigbee devices.

ThirdReality devices have been stellar for me.. Both C7 and now C8 - no issues. I have many contact and motion sensors around.. all work fine after the migration.

1 Like

Just got a brand new one in today and tried to pair with my C-8 and it a no go.

I ordered two after my initial post and they paired just fine. Did you try factory resetting before pairing? Hold the button until the light turns on red then release. Will then flash blue and be ready for pairing.

Unfortunately I did. It will see a zigbee device initially, but when it times out it come back with the standard "looks like your having trouble" message. Reset it again and no joy.

Just for fun, immediately after the initial pairing fails try starting Zigbee pairing again. No device reset, just hit the Start Zigbee Pairing button again.

No joy.

OK, please put your hub in the mail to me. Clearly you're a bad person and don't deserve to have it.

:scream: :wink: :rofl:

I'm sure I'm not as funny as I wish I was. Sorry about your issues w/the hub. Tagging @support_team for more help.

Not at all, that is something I would have said. HAHA
On the edge to going back to my C-7 right now.

Thanks for your assistance though.

2 Likes

Probably Monday before they can get back to you. Most of the Hubitat support team spends their weekends traveling for "Chutes and Ladders" competitions. :slight_smile:

Shut down the C-8 and started up the C-7 and it paired fine with it. Shut down C-7 and went back to C-8 and has played with channels and power and it will not pair.

Try to pair and it sees a device but times out and I get the having trouble message.

1 Like

Wish I had a good idea...I'm not coming up with any, unfortunately. The fact that others are successfully pairing them seems to indicate it's something specific to your situation. Do you have any Zigbee repeaters you could add/remove from the mix temporarily to see if that helps?

I used them on my C7 and now use them on my C8.

I used Channel 20 on both of mine (separately). Zigbee is now off on the C7.

Let me see if I have any more of them that I have yet to install and see if I have any issues pairing.

Edit: Paired without issue:

1 Like

I did put a Third Reality Motion on my C-8. Pretty sure I was on 121. Honestly don't remember if it gave me any trouble pairing. I have seen some devices time out on initializing, and then complete right after by just hitting start pairing again right away (can't remember if that happened with this sensor). Anyway, it seems to have been working fine ever since. It's in my detached garage, but I have walked in there daily just to see if it triggers, and it has.

1 Like

Well tried again, two different third motion sensors, zigbee is channel 20 and power 12 even tried power 8. No go. Even restarted right away after it finds and times out.

I have paired a Third contact sensor no problem, a generic zigbee contact no problem, several Hue motion sensors, a Hue button controller and even an Aqara P1 motion sensor. So I am at a loss here.

A Lutron hub and Hue hub are sitting on the same shelf with my C-8. Should that matter?