Thirdreality Motion Sensors on a C8

Don't have a Hue Hub, but my Lutron Hub is inches away from my HE and has never been an issue in the past (over a year).

I have C7, C8, and SmartThings hubs all within a foot of esch other, no issues (zigbee & z-wave are disabled on the C7)

Apologies if this is old news...have you ever checked to see if your hub and the Hue Bridge on different Zigbee channels?

Hue is on 15 and C-8 is 20.

1 Like

The people we like to help the most have obvious problems that are easy to solve.

You're no fun. Do something noobish or dumb so we can look smart.

:wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Seems like lately we are seeing an unwelcome trend towards random and complicated.

2 Likes

I have the exact same problem trying to add a new third reality motion sensor to my C-8.
I finally got it to work today after rolling the C-8 back to firmware 2.3.5.113. Once I am on that version, the pairing goes smoothly. Then I move back to the latest version and all is well. There seems to be something wrong with Zigbee pairing on the later firmware versions and I believe the developers are looking into it.

@gopher.ny @mike.maxwell

Sucess! Had to roll back to 2.3.4.148 , did not have a 2.3.5.113 option only 2.3.5.117.

Thank you for reporting back.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.