Third Reality shades not closing fully

So i have a solution to this issue and wanted to post it so the forums search engine can find it since this answer is nowhere to be found.

You MUST use the included remote to reset the closed position. All the remotes are the same if you have multiple shades. First hit the up button until it reaches the top, than hit the down button until it stops and hits your window sil (or you trigger the stop switch on the bottom of the shade). Hit the down button again if your shade stops before it's actually at the desired bottom position. When it's finally where you want it press the down button again while the shades stop switch is depressed by either being on the window sil or you holding it with your fingers.

Do not lose your remote, there is nothing in Hubitat or in the shade that can fix this issue.

If you lost your remote Id recommend asking here on the forums if someone has a spare. I personally have 10 that I won't be using I'm sure others do as well.

Good luck everyone.

3 Likes

Thanks, my shade changed it's closed position suddenly on its own. Closed was now about 60° open. Your tip corrected the problem. I would add to your tip that if you have curtains in front that block the infrared receiver, as we do, when using the remote you need to account for that.

1 Like

This is a constant problem, 1-2 times per week. I have communicated with Third Reality. First they sent a link to a video NOT about their product, then the correct link but of the reset process already tried. Never got the battery report to work. I would like to return the shade for a refund but I am just past the Amazon return limit. Will not be buying the remaining shades based on this experience.

Just wanted to say thank you. I I had read before that you have to use the remote to get it. The shades bottom position corrected. But they left out. Was part about having to hit the down button again. So I had been pulling my hair out using the remote to try to fix it. Again. Thank you!

It's why I posted, caused my hairline to move south a bit.

I wish we could create a routine to perform this. It is a pain to have to get close to the shade with the remote to stop others from responding especially behind furniture.

I was able to reset mine just using the blinds and I use Home Assistan. I was searching on this issue and came across this thread. I raised the blinds some and hit stop. Make sure the sensor at the bottom to detect a surface is fully pulled down. I then pressed the.down button, when it stopped I held down the down button and it lowered until the sensor hit an object which it's exactly where it should be.

I did all this with the manual controls on the blinds themselves. I did not use the remote or home assistant in any way. It was all done on the blind controls manually. No remote or smart home ecosystem involved.

I might have some of the key combinations incorrect because I was just trying stuff and got it to work. I'm not going to intentionally mess it up again just to try to figure out if I'm right or not. Maybe someone can confirm who's having this issue currently.

I figured it out. There is a tab on the the bottom of the shades on the side where the buttons are. You may need some tweezers to bull it out. This is how the blinds find the "end" position when setting them up. When it hits something, that latch gets pushed up into the bottom of the shades. The home automation systems are making them go off as I just figured out what was causing it in HA (it's a new feature)

After pulling that tab down raise the shades just a bit. Hit the lower button and it will stop where it thinks it should (incorrect position), then press and hold the down button on the blinds for 3 to 5 seconds and the blinds will lower until they hit something and the end position will get reset by where the bottom hits something.