Thinking of moving to the C8

As you know I've had problems after my ISP changed my Modem and router. Things are mostly back to normal after replacing the router from my ISP with my own. I still have slow or no reacting devices now and then and all my Zigbee plugs and bulbs work but none of the remote buttons.
I'm thinking of moving to the C8. I'm hoping it will fix everything and bring it back to normal.
Can I use my C7 as a backup? Is this a good idea or should I stay with the C7?

I wouldn't introduce another unknown until you have you existing devices working fairly reliably. I would not consider the C-8 to be a cure-all.

2 Likes

Zigbee is still unstable. I would hold off.

1 Like

Thanks I'll hold off

I think the question needs to be what are you expecting from the C8 to actually fix your problem. If it is just hope and there is nothing that you know you can benefit from, you probably should hold off, and make sure you get your current setup running smooth first. If you now there is something about the new hub and radios you will benefit from that will directly impact your environment perhaps it isn't a bad idea.

There is no doubt zigbee has been a problem for some folks. It looks like they are making good progress with getting all the issues resolved though and allot of folks didn't have any issues. I upgraded to my C8 without a single issue, but i also didn't have any issues before hand.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.