Thermostat Scheduler with Moe's House TRV

Hi, yes @kkossev the Moe's valve does indicate the current room temperature and whether the valve is calling for heat. However I don't believe the Aqara E1 does the same. When there is heat there is demand

I am after it (the Aqara E1), will notify you when I have a result.

Meanwhile, can you test the new Moes BRT-100 TRV driver? This is the one that will replace the previous one and that will be supported in the future.
@user6655

@stueyhughes you were right, Aqara E1 TRV does not report the valve statis back to the hub .. : (

It's disappointing indeed but thanks for your hard work. I'm searching for a TRV which can be altered by rotating the head rather than button pressing. The E1 seemed like the valve to solve my problem but maybe not if it doesn't have a demand indicator on the valve itself. Do you know of a ZigBee TRV which can be rotated?

Yes, the Sonoff TRVZB has a rotable knob.

Recently, @hubivlad explored a number of new Tuya based TRVs, probably he can share his experience which model works the best for him.

@stueyhughes you can review the thread starting from here.

Myself, I have not found the ideal TRV yet.

@stueyhughes I have indeed tested a few models, and will order more to test to see their capabilities if any become available where I live (Romania)
The one I liked best so far is the Immax Neo Lite TRV 07732L, and you can adjust the temperature by rotating the far part of the cover.

Another, slightly less feature-rich, but knob-adjustable at the front, is the Avatto TRV07. It uses 3 AA batteries.

I have not tested the Sonoff or the Aqara.

Great advice! Are you happy with all of the functionality of this valve. Does it display the current room temperature prior to adjusting the set temperature? It appears to be marketed in the UK as a Sandy beach valve. Sandy Beach Smart Heating Thermostat TRV Radiator Valves with Zigbee G – Sandy Beach Retailing.

Finally, does anyone have experience of this valve, same questions? Banggood Easy Online Shopping

Most of the manufacturers avoid to show the locally measured temperature on the TRV displays, as most of the time it is higher than the average room temperature. The TRVs firmware compensates for this difference, but displaying it may confuse most of the users..

It is similar to the kitchen ovens - all appliances show the set cooking temperature, but very few have a display to show what is the actual temperature inside the oven.

Cheers, thanks. Do you know if the Immax Neo Lite TRV 07732L is the same valve as she sandy beach? It looks the same. I'm considering buying one but not sure if it will work or not?

I can not say for sure before I know the Zigbee model and manufacturer data.

1 Like