Thermostat Scheduler [RELEASED]

Hi
Two questions

1. Is possible to copy the current period of the scheduler in a attribute or a variable?

Can be useful

2. Changing the Period setpoint from the rule, is mandatory to insert also the time for this period, otherwise you get many error.
    Is it possible to separate it and only set the temperatures?

I ask this because if i change the period time in the scheduler but i forgot to doit in the rule, the rule overvrite it.

Thanks
Best Regards

You can just leave the time not set in the rule that sets the temperatures. The Thermostat Scheduler will only change the setpoints, not the time. Below, where it shows Start Wake at this time, just don't set that.

The current period name is not available as attribute or variable.

1 Like

HI
Thaks for the fast answer :slight_smile:
I tried but it gives errors
I will copy the messages as soon as i can

1 Like

I see the error. Will get that fixed for the next release.

2 Likes

What about point 1? :slight_smile:

No, this is not possible as presently implemented.

1 Like

OK Thanks

Hi,
May I please have some thoughts on how I might set this up. The second floor of my house has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Each of these rooms has a separate radiant heating system & associated thermostat, i.e., 6 heat controlling smart thermostats. Also, this level has a single a/c unit that centrally cools this level, i.e., a seventh cooling smart thermostat.

I have set up all 7 thermostats with 7 thermostat controllers in hubitat. For the 6 heating thermostats, I have also setup associated thermostat schedulers in hubitat. The 6 heating thermostat controllers & schedulers appear to work well in managing the radiant heating systems.

My question is, as I think to spring/summer, the cooling thermostat should kick in at some point and put on hold/turn-off the heating schedulers; while turning on a cooling scheduler. This I have not implemented and I am wondering if there is some advice on what sort of a rule/logic others would recommend implementing this functionality?

Sincerely,

Misbah

Question here, how is "Away" defined? Is it literately a string match (exact or partial??) to a mode called "Away" or does it tie to the HSM definition of away?

I ask as I've customized my Mode names and now am not sure what will happen.

Thank you!

Modes are just string names, and pretty much arbitrary. But, a few apps treat "Away" as a special case. Mode Manager is one, and Thermostat Scheduler is another. Generally speaking it's a good idea to keep Away as one of your modes, and use it for its obvious purpose.

In and of itself the mode Away has nothing to do with HSM. HSM does not treat Away in a special way -- it offers a list of all modes that can be chosen to automatically arm.

Awesome, thanks. So exact string name is how I can map this?

Not sure what you mean by "map this". It is a string, but the system modes are actually objects with name and id. It all depends on what you're trying to do.

Got it, thank you. To explain my question a bit better, as i was building out my automation over this year + multiple times I renamed my modes, now I don't know which "slot" the original "away" mode was in, or if position on the Settings -> "Location and modes" matters or if it's case sensitive even.

Basically my question is, to get back to having an "Away" mode this app and Mode manager will treat 'special' to your point and like a factory install, I'm a bit lost on what the fix is, and if it's as simple as having one Mode set with the exact name "Away" as an example.

Thanks for your response and your help so far, much appreciated.

The apps should work fine as long as you have a mode named "Away". The only thing that the position had to do with, the mode's id, had to do with preserving rules in RM that referenced a mode that was renamed. All in all that shouldn't make any difference. But yes, mode names are case sensitive as they are a simple string, and "away" is not the same as "Away".

1 Like

If I set 'thermostat mode' to Off and toggle Hold to on, will that effectively disable the Thermostat Scheduler?

Thermostat Scheduler now has restrictions. Optionally, restricting it can also turn off the thermostat (mode to off). With that option, it will restore the previous thermostat mode when it becomes non restricted. There are several restriction options:

I just update to 2.2.7 and it feels like the app has changed a bit ? What I mean is that I have it set up for different temps pr. mode. So far this has been fine and the temp will change upon mode change. This meant that within a mode (day, night etc.) I was able to manually change the thermostat and it would keep until the next mode change, but now it seems like there is a periodic check for mode and it makes the change back to the mode set temp every few minutes, therefore my manual settings are overwritten every few minutes, instead of each Mode as before.

I see in the post above that there are now ways to restrict it, so could that be handled for example to restrict within a mode, but only in case I change the set temp manually ?

The app sets the temperature for the current mode upon the mode change, or upon you using the mode temperature setup page. Otherwise, it does not do anything 'every few minutes'. The only significant change recently was adding restrictions. If you aren't using them, there is nothing else that would account for the app changing the settings like you are describing. You should turn on logging for the app. Perhaps something else in your system is touching the thermostat?

Yes, I was looking into turning on logging, but at first I added my day and night mode into restrictions and now all is well. I will remove that again and see if I can recreate the condition from before and produce some logs.

Well. It seems I cannot recreate the condition and therefore no logs.

The only thing that I have are the logs from previously which shows some constant changes during a period. To my knowledge I have not created anything which could explain this.

Here are my mode settings: