Thermostat icon Stays blue indicating it "On" but its?

One of my Dashboards for Thermostats has a thermostat icon that has a tendency to stay blue indicating the Unit is running even though its not running. See screensnip showing i have the unit in off setting but icon is stuck in blue. This thermostat is a centralite pearl thermostat that still works very good for me.. just this little hiccup so far... It seems like this clears itself up after a day or so. It's not a deal killer or anything i am just looking for input on where to look into fixing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I reported the same issue a few days ago with virtual thermostats.

Have a look at this thread about a custom driver from Denise (I know it's about adding the "Hold" function). When I was using the Pearl's (since replaced by Zen's) at my home I had the same issue. Her driver fixed that issue for me. You will need to user her code to create a new "User" driver in the Developers section of the HE interface. Hope this works for you. -Joel

The following code is from my personal Dew Point app that runs a second after the thermostats are changed by the app.

//	Purpose fix weird anomalies likely from Virtual Thermostat mistakenly resetting or failing to set thermostatOperatingState
void anomalyKiller()
	{
	if (settings.logDebugs) log.debug 'anomalyKiller entered'
	controlStats.each
		{
		if (it.currentThermostatMode == 'off' && it.currentThermostatOperatingState == 'cooling')
			{
			if (settings.logDebugs) log.debug "anomaly dry with cooling found for ${it.name}"
			it.setThermostatOperatingState('idle') 			//if this does not work issue the off()
//			it.off()
			}
		else
		if (it.currentThermostatMode == 'cool' && it.currentThermostatOperatingState == 'idle' &&
			it.currentCoolingSetpoint < (it.currentTemperature-it.currentHysteresis))
			{
			if (settings.logDebugs) log.debug "anomaly cool with idle found for ${it.name} Cool Pt: ${it.currentCoolingSetpoint} Temperatue: ${it.currentTemperature} Hysteresis: ${it.currentHysteresis}"
			it.setThermostatOperatingState('cooling') 		//if this does not work issue the cool()
//			it.cool()
			}
		}
	}

Could it be blue because it says it is cooling (even though it is set to off…)?

Yes, and red when thermostatOperatingState = heating

1 Like