The new Tuya Human Presence Sensors ( TS0225 _TZE200_hl0ss9oa _TZE200_2aaelwxk) have actually 5.8GHz modules inside

Thanks for replying so quickly. I did try to pair it again about 3-feet from my C8. There was no change in behaviour, so I'm not entirely sure what's up. It was only about 15 feet away the first time and there is nothing here that should be causing interference.

Since this is one of the least preferred sensors, I won't pursue attempting to get it functional. I like your recommendation of returning it. According to the Amazon listing, it does have a 30-day return option.

It's truly scary how many times it sent the presence status with yours! Yikes!

The more you know ...

1 Like

Great. @kkossev looks like you can grab the Z2M config for this sensor to flesh out the driver.

Just ordered two of these. Anyone have any? Any recommendations?
Due in end of the month.

ID looks like exact dupe of the Linptech sensor (or vice-versa). :slight_smile: Can't tell if the sensor is actually larger than the Linptech, or if they have just blown it up in the picture, as they often do.

My Linptech sensor arrived today - nice to see that it's relatively small/discreet (1 7/8" diameter), and looks nice as far as IoT devices can. Connected right up!

Can you please take the linptech/MOES zigbee discussion to this thread?

Is this now fixed in latest driver, do you know? I am still on 1.4.4 with that setting.

No it's not there as of 1.5.2 2023/09/14 11:25 AM

Got the Tuya 24GHz Mini presence sensor in. It turns out to be model ZY-M100-24G. It is based on the spamming older Tuya presence sensors' firmware. It updates the distance every second, unlike the Linptech/Moes 24ghz sensor. Those only update if there is a significant change in distance. It also has a max of 5.5 meters detection for both movement and static. Based on a quick test it is very sensitive and accurate even at lower sensitivity settings. It is supposed to work with Zigbee2MQTT but I found it buggy at best. It would not allow some settings, or the wrong settings. It would stop responding randomly also. I tried HE with the latest beta drivers. It has no settings visible and did not work well anyway. The ZHA integration for HA showed nothing and did not even detect motion. I tried Tuya cloud integration with HA but only found it as a simple switch. So I have it set up in my guest bath using a Tuya hub. It is working flawlessly. I have not opened it up yet to check if it is a real 24 GHz product or not. I am almost 100% positive it is the real deal based on how accurate and sensitive it is. Plus the seller had the drop shipping warehouse send it to them first to make sure they did not send a 5.8 GHz model again. Then they shipped it out to me. So it did take a little longer to receive.

Hopefully, @kkossev can get his beta drivers working for this soon so I can put away my Tuya hub and run it in my HE as it should be. I am too spoiled by the easy automation inside HE.

Zigbee2MQTT info on the TuYa ZY-M100-24G

Ahh, I see it commented out around line 1000 as to do / check:

//           [dp:111, name:'staticDetectionMinimumDistance',  type:"value", rw: "rw", min:0, max:6000,  scale:100, unit:"meters",    desc:'Static detection minimum distance'], // TODO - check !!

You device looks the same as mine. See [RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors and mmWave presence radars) w/ healthStatus - #682 by bbholthome
The development branch version 1.5.2 has a fix to stop the distance reports every second.

It stops the events being recorded, but does not stop the zigbee traffic.

3 Likes

Makes the best of a spammy device. It's not an ideal device but probably usable. Check out this post [RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors and mmWave presence radars) w/ healthStatus - #687 by kkossev
I have not decided if the device is all that better than my Aqara FP1 anyway.

The note of caution is there. It will still potentially impact your hub. You just wont see it.

That is the one from the look of it. Here's my picture of the sensor. Any idea what sensor is used for this? Some version of Hi-Link 24 GHz? Maybe from the LD24xx product family?

Sorry I don't know.

What would knowing the model of this board do for you? It is a 24ghz board.

Looks like an LD2410c, but probably not an HLK. The layout and printing is different.

The sensor may have other capabilities or settings that Linptech and Moes are not utilizing. Most of the manufacturers don't really try pushing the sensors like Aqara does with the FP1, and now the FP2. They appear to worry more about how fast they can slap something together and get it out the door than making the best sensor possible. Note the Tuya mini uses the case off of one of the Tuya hubs to save $ and design time and effort. Good for making fast products, but feels cheaply made compared to Aqara and Linptech. Anyway, I am going to be buying a HLK-LD1125H, or HLK-LD2410B, and putting together my own DIY presence detection. Home Assistant makes it easy to integrate into it using ESP Home. Then I will be able to use HomeKit Bridge to pull it over to HE. Or at least that is my plan. If I knew the model or close to it I may try using it instead for my first DIY sensor. It will be fun learning something new. I'm nerdy like that sometimes. :grinning:

1 Like

While that may be true it would not be trivial to use any of the other features with the baseboard. The baseboard handles the zigbee and communication with the radar board. If your device is a bluetooth board and the bluetooth is still enabled then you may be able to tinker with the radar board settings, but you wont be able to change the baseboard firmware to add new parameters or clusters etc.

If you want to tinker look at the threads with Screek and the LD2450b board. Tinkering is easy if you aren't using Zigbee.

2 Likes

Thanks, I will check it out. Just glancing at the article it looks like they went with an ESP32 like I am planning. That appears to easist to get working with HA. And you are totally correct about even attempting Zigbee. Yikes! I tried pairing mine again with HA+zigbee2mqtt and it worked this time. It is stable this time. No lockups or just stopping working completely like before. I still not working with the Homekit bridge from HA to HE. I do not want to start spreading all my routines across different platforms so this is still just a stop-gap measure until I can get it to work with HA routines. I did notice that z2m actually has several more settings to help fine-tune the presence sensing even compared to Tuya hub running Smart Life natively. The smart life does not have minimum distance settings! I find adding a little min-dest helps keep from trigger lights if someone walks past the bathroom when the sensor is mounted to the opposite wall to the hall. So my lights activated every time with Smart Life. I find it odd that they chose to leave that off. You can also set the fade time down to 1 second compared to 10 seconds with the Tuya hub and software. I like the option to trade performance with possibly having false lighting turn off depending on what I am trying to accomplish.

Again thank you for the article. :+1: I am new to mmWave radars when it comes to the inside workings of presence sensing. This is why I plan on just copying someone else's instructions to get my toe wet so to speak. Build up my knowledge, and confidence. I am off to finish reading the Screek article.