The new Tuya Human Presence Sensors ( TS0225 _TZE200_hl0ss9oa _TZE200_2aaelwxk) have actually 5.8GHz modules inside

The problem with that approach at least in my prior version is that they are sensitive and you really need to aim them thus the need of the base.

1 Like

Sure, I guess it depends on your use case.
I have it currently mounted on the wall, just over the head board of my bed for testing purposes.
It seems to be working well.
Also, the other benefit with these radars is that you can hide it behind a picture frame or similar and no one will know it's there!

Motion was accurate during sleep from 22.20 - early morning

1 Like

I'm all for creative solutions and cutting things. If you ditch the base you may want to consider the "wall" version of the 24G device. No base to cut... but oddly they also don't have a wall mount on them. Just some double sided tape I think.

Thanks for that picture by the way...wonder if the ball size is close to a ram mount. Cutting that post off and replacing with a threaded insert would be handy.

Got a shot of the internals with the back off?

Not sure if there is a specific wall version?
This can be be wall mounted or ceiling mounted.
I will try and take pic of internal when I get the chance.

Summary

Edit: I see there is a 24Ghz version of the ZY-M100, already 2no. of the 5GHz version, but new version seems to be more expensive.

Summary

2 Likes

Yes, that the wall version I was thinking of when I mentioned it above.

This is smart to mention. I put 77G sensors in my wife's car behind the bumper.

I have so many questions on configuring these things that I'll just have some buy some and find out for myself. Things like ceiling fans, fish tanks and curtains moving with the vent air have me wondering how you can fine tune them in the space. Bedroom presence when there is no movement, but heartbeats... Geez can it actually read heartbeats? That would be cool.

1 Like

@iEnam I noticed in another thread a member installed the wall version of what I'm going to assume is the 5.8G version.

I thought this was interesting.

They installed a copper plate behind the sensor to shield it from sensing from behind. I would not have guessed behind and I'm curious about what that might look like.

FWIW: I noticed the primary different between the wall version and the one you have is that the non wall version has a siren.

No, these are totally different as functions and performance. The old generation 24GHz wall versions are as spammy as the old 5.6Ghz radars.

Wait some more days, there seems to be also new 24GHz wall versions which are not spammy and have the new precise settings.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. There are 5.8G and 24G wall units. If we compare the wall unit to the unit that is round with the pivot mount the round unit has a siren where the square wall mount unit does not. This is consistent with the 5.8G and 24G models of the same units.

So when I suggested to use the wall version (the 24G version) of the sensor instead of the round one if you were just going to cut the back off.... the consideration is really do you want a siren onboard. If you want a siren the round model (24G or 5.8G) has one.

A couple days back I ordered both wall and round versions of the 24G models. The third form factor that I want is the in ceiling mounted version, but it's not in stock.

1 Like

Many gadgets made in China come with bells and whistles ( LEDs or Sirens in our case :slight_smile: ), but these are of no interest to most of us. We can completely ignore these extras.

The most important for us is the firmware inside the sensor :

• should not send spammy distance reports every single second.
  • should allow fine-tuning of the micro and static motion detection.
  • should have move/micro/'breathe' self-test functions.

For now, only the firmware model TS0225 manufacturer _TZE200_hl0ss9oa has the above extras.

The difficult part is to guess which of the different 24GHz radars placed in differently shaped plastic cabinets (round - pivot mounting, square - wall mounting, round - ceiling mounting) have this new firmware, and which 24GHz radars have the old spammy firmware inside.

@JumpJump can you ask the seller to confirm, that the square wall-mount model has exactly the same settings like the round model? They usually don't know anything about models/manufacturers (as this info is hidden on SmartLife app), but they can send you a screenshot of the radar settings from Tuya SmartLife.

3 Likes

The device below is an example of the 24GHz radars TO AVOID :

If the description includes 'distance detection' - this is the old spammy firmware.

Second clue : if there is a screenshot of SmartLife app like the one above ( 3 rows containing big blue buttons) - this is the old firmware, avoid!

3 Likes

@kkossev,
I just purchased the new square shaped 24GHz version... I just had to do it when I saw the connection is USB-C!
Also, judging by the pictures, it seems to be using same settings as your rounded version!
And, I paid 18.23 dollars in total.

Summary

seller link

This text will be hidden

1 Like

Yep, this is the new better firmware!

The description mentions 'small move', 'large move', 'breath' - these are the NEW presence states that are not available on the old models.

I can also hardly read the last setting as 'Small motion detection sensitivity', so yes - this is the same TS0225 manufacturer _TZE200_hl0ss9oa, but in a square form suitable for wall-mounting.

I will add the seller site on the first post.

3 Likes

Another sensor that seems to be from the new series 24Ghz radars, but w/ different mounting :

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005005904142527.html

This product description is a mix of new settings description and old product screenshots .... so I am not 100% sure what is the firmware inside. But it is also very cheap, so may be worth the risk.

You can look for 90 degrees USB-C cables like this.

AE : here

thank but the angle is not really the issue i can tape it down with exiting cable.. but having it for instance stick out on the side of whatever i have it anchored to with a cable running to the front just looks like crap in my estimation.

1 Like

I will test my WAF soon, planning to anchor it on the ceiling of my room, close to the existing Yeelight ceiling light using a very short white cable.

My understanding is that the best results for sleep/breathing detection are achieved when the sensor is mounted on the ceiling, pointing to the horizontal laying body.

1 Like

thanks i have no good way to mount in ceiling and run cables .. power,

mine is magetically attached to side of wine fridge looking across the dining room.

Thanks for the info. I've had pretty good luck with Aliexpress, but it's a bit like playing a carnival game at times. I've purchased items and received completely different items in the box... Kind of fun.

Looks like I lucked out on what I ordered according the the hidden indicators in the images.

I'll order some of those pill shaped ones as well.

I don't like the USB location, but may make some sort of face screen for them to hide the whole thing.

1 Like

I've been thinking about hiding the looks of these things and it dawned on me that in wall and in ceiling speaker housings with the right grills would be perfect. Throw some usb poe splitters on there and call it a day.

Find some cheap speakers with magnetic grills and remove the speaker.

1 Like

I'm kindly asking you, for doing test, is any of sensors that you have, is capable to work, when it is placed behind “carton board”.