The Hubitat C-8 just hit fccid.io

To be fair...the stated output is wrong.

5V * 1.1A != 5.0W

2 Likes

It's really not that much different.

Type-C: "The extraction force shall be within the range of 6 N to 20 N after 10,000 insertion/ extraction cycles."

MicroUSB extraction force: "8N (MIN) after 10000 insertion/extraction cycles"

USB 2.0 (Type A and B) extraction force: "10 Newtons minimum"

USB 3.1 (A, B, micro): not less than 8 N after cycling

6 Newtons is over 1 lbf.

Will the C8 be followed shortly thereafter by a Z06?

5 Likes

All I know is that in my car, the Micro-USB tended to stay plugged in better than the USB-C does for my phone while traveling. I guess that means that the Type C tends toward the low end and the Micro-USB was higher than the minimum.

Inflation.

8 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion about 'smart' appliances

And we're supposed to wait just because of that?! :wink:

HE does not like to announce stuff until it's in the can, which I really like. Please don't tell me what you got until you really, truly, got it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well, if Hubitat were a minimally ethical, fly-by-night, operation, they might use that approach.

But being a responsible and ethical corporate entity, they’re doing it the right way. FCC certification before intensive third-party testing (and presumably additional in-house testing).

The C-5 and C-7 were on FCC months before being available for sale.

11 Likes

For some that doesn't Matter, does it?

25 Likes

THIS JUST IN....

John Deere craters to market & consumer pressure upon news leak of a next generation Hubitat Hub with even more flexibility and user customization capability. Hubitat users whispering hopes for "Connecting their Greens" now that an external antenna is expected.

2 Likes

I don’t get it…

6 Likes

Just found this. Apparently fairly similar hardware capabilities, except missing Z-Wave. No clue on the quality of the software past Homebridge. $500 MSRP. As I've said before, I think Hubitat undervalues the capabilities that they offer to the market.
https://hoobs.com/pro/

4 Likes

Unlike hoobs.....

1 Like

So they have the pre-order Pro model for $500 and "Regular" hub for $250.

Pro includes WiFi/Bluetooth/Zigbee/Thread/Matter and is likely NOT Apple Certified (given that HB is not either).

Am having trouble wrapping my head around what use-case this is meant to handle?

2 Likes

All of that just to leave out Zwave?!

1 Like

Yeah that would be my system scuppered (1 x Zigbee device, 44 x Z Wave devices)

1 Like

Leaving out Z-Wave increases value for some. :grinning:

6 Likes

It includes z wave as well

FYI -

@markbellkosel84 was referring to the Hoobs Pro hub, which does not include a zwave radio, unlike the Homey Pro, or current and future offerings from Hubitat.

5 Likes

Exactly what I did, a model back. The C-5 hub runs all the network-based devices, while the C-7 holds all the physical devices over ZigBee and Z-Wave.