The built-in webCoRE, released!

What about global variables? I suppose these will have to be re-created for the new instance?

Wait 10 minutes after the update to the latest platform version, then open the Apps in a new tab in the browser.

1 Like

Hub variables would carry over, webCoRE instance global variables would need to be recreated.

2 Likes

Would webCoRE determine "sunset/sunrise" times the same way as Rule Machine? I may not be asking that in the proper way and can try to clarify if need be but I have had significant issues with Rule Machine rules that use "Sunrise" and "Sunset" in the "Required Expression" for a few months now. They worked fine until that point and then suddenly they all stopped working reliably.

Essentially they often do not flip from "true" to "false" in the required expression as they should. If I were to use webCoRE pistons instead of Rules would that likely fix the problem?

Examples of failed rules:

1. Set of lights triggered by a motion sensor that should only turn on from sunset to sunrise. It will often just continue to trigger the lights after sunrise passes. (or other times on the flip side it will remain NOT triggering the light after sunset)
  2. Set of lights that turns on for home owner arrival but again only from sunset to sunrise. It exhibits the same issue as above.

Believe that webCoRE uses the system sunrise/sunset times but if you want to check

1 Like

Webcore uses the hub sunrise/sunset times. It caches them the first piston run after midnight.

As an aside: Hubitat also calculates these just after midnight using a job. If you have a piston that triggers at midnight, it's possible to hit a race condition and cache yesterday's sunrise/sunset times as today's. This will break any pistons which depend on these timings.

The race condition all happens within a few hundred ms, so is not consistent (when I hit this, I would go weeks without hitting it and then hit it everyday for a week).

Workaround is to not have anything use a midnight time triggers (delay at least a few seconds) or to reboot the hub if you hit it. I played with a code fix to not cache if the times are unexpected. I think I lost it in an app update but will look for it and submit a PR.

A more systemic fix might be better at the hubitat API side, since this isn't necessarily unique to webcore.

This is by far the best news I've heard !!!!! Webcore is super powerful and probably extremely underestimated !! SO GLAD THAT YOU HAVE INCORPORATED IT AS PART OF HUBITAT !!

so do i need to back up all my pistons then import each into the Hubitat Webcore ? I have like 40 pistons..

2 Likes

Well that’s an awfully subjective statement.

I never found WebCoRE to be all that much easier to use than Rule Machine when I used SmartThings. I used both.

WebCoRE has been available on the Hubitat platform for years, but I had personally had zero interest in picking it back up here.

RM’s interface is far from perfect, but it’s been improved upon a lot since it was available on the ST platform.

The fact that WC is now folded into the hub firmware doesn’t change any of the above for me.

1 Like

@nh.schottfam created a thread to address these questions:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.