The best wireless keypad?

Unfortunately that keypad no longer appears to be available. The link is further up in the post (#78). Here's another Alibaba general keypad supplier (many versions are available) that may be able to provide a z-wave version, although they don't have one listed (they have wifi). You could try sending them an inquiry:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Reader-Keypad-Keypad-Access-Control-Tuya_1600354612983.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.17767553Ntav6L&s=p

I also thought about using a z-wave keypad lock. I considered installing them in a blank wall to use as a garage door controller as you stated, but would also need a way to access the batteries. You could always dual-use an existing electronic lock with some code to capture and run a routine, but it would also unlock your door at the same time.

I've read elsewhere that the Ring security keypads are z-wave and can be used in a similar fashion, but I haven't tried them myself.

Also, the old Iris (Lowes branded) can be found on E-Bay and those are Zigbee (search for Iris Keypad). I purchased one when I was working through this project but never tried it out after I got this working.

I've worked through the state problems, I made one update since my last post which I added to the end of the above. Since that update the routines are working without getting stuck between states. I also found it was the garage door controller getting stuck, not the keypad.

Here are a few links to check out and consider. Good luck! Happy to answer any other questions or help clarify anything.

1 Like

I located the supplier contact on Alibaba that I used when I ordered the z-wave keypads, I sent them a message to see if they still had them available. I'll let you know if/when I get a response.