Telldus Magnetic Sensor, Z-Wave

As I did not find anyone else that has tried this device, thought I share my experience.

First of all, it added easily. When setting drivers, I first tried the "Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor". This did not give any status update between open and closed. Imported the community driver for Aeon Recessed Door Sensor (Aeon Recessed Door sensor) and set the device to this. It now showed the contact state. Changed back to "Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor", which now showed the contact state.

Seems to work stable so far.

Hi!
Just wanted to say that i have used a "Telldus Magnetic Contact Switch" for about 18 months on my garage door.
It works perfect, paired easily and i just used the "Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor"-driver from scratch.

And today i bought two more :slight_smile: got a double pack for 348 swedish, about 39 US, really affordable.

Hi,
I see you are using the same sensor as me (Telldus door sensor), perhaps you can help.
I started the Z-Wave inclusion, tapped the button on the sensor 3 times to make it pairable and then HE found a device, but the box with the device is not selectable, and it does not do anything more.

Edit 1:
I restarted HE and it now found the device and have tried the above " Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor Driver". It is currently not registering contact events.

Frode

Hi, sorry to say I have no idea why it is not working for you, try pair it again maybe?

Hi,
got another tip to use a different driver, with some trial and error I got it working by first adding it with the other driver then switching back to the generic driver.
Will look for components that are specifically supported from now on.