Tapo Camera Integration

Is there any way to integrate tapo cameras into Hubitat?
Thanks

You should look into this integration:

1 Like

The Tapo camera is not currently supported. I am working on a driver next month (already partially complete, but I had some issues to resolve).

Dave

7 Likes

That would be awesome! I'm really looking forward to that. Thank you.

@darren.rockach - I've integrated the Tapo camera to Hubitat via IFTTT. I use the camera as a motion sensor inside the house to detect people but ignore my dogs. I have the camera's linked with Zwave electric appliances as I only want these camera's on when we set the house alarm on.... meaning, when the wife and I are not home. I've only done this recently but so far, it's been working just fine.

1 Like

I've been using the Tapo Camera's with Homekit integration and in Hubitat I used a Virtual motion sensor. So far it has been working good I set it for when I'm away from the house and get notify when there is motion. I like the Tapo Camera's and now have four of them and would recommend them to anyone. Easy to setup using the Tapo app.

I have a c225 that I connected to HomeKit directly and also connected to home assistant so that I could bring it into Hubitat using Home Assistant Device Bridge.

I choose to only bring over to Hubitat privacy on/off, move to preset position, and motion detected. With this I can automate “arming and disarming” in Hubitat with the rest of my rules by toggling privacy mode.

Did you manage to get any time to work on the Tapo camera integration?

It is in my queue. I had to pull off for personal reasons.

I would be very interested in tapo camera integration as well. Thanks for doing this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am also very interested in Tapo camera integration.

I am waiting for the manufacturer's update cycle to complete. Then I will be back on it (next month?). There were some significant problems I could not resolve and that were reported elsewhere.

Dave

2 Likes