TankUtility monitoring (app and device)

fixed. You may need to do an HPM repair to get the change

1 Like

Confirmed! Thanks for the great app!

Is there more data that can be brought into the device? Like, tank gallons and gallons used? Could be useful on a dashboard or automations.

1 Like

Can you say a bit more on what you are looking for?

Mine shows for attributes: (so you can calculate used if you have before/after readings and multiply * capacity/100

If it is tile changes, you may want to prototype them as I don't use tiles much myself.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 11.01.44 AM

When you click into the app there is a link for a graph with other details on it.
Tank

Any way to get those as attributes?

I have pushed an update with additional attributes / information

• gallons used. (calculation)
  • average consumption. (reported by tank utility)
  • gallons available. (calculation)
  • estimated fill date. (data from tank Utility)
  • battery level. (calculation as the report is good/bad)

Some of these are calculations in this app, so they can be off some

HPM repair to get it on tank Utility.

Could use a couple of testers.

1 Like

Just loaded it, will keep you posted if I see anything. Thanks for the great app.

Excellent work! The EFD is super handy to get an idea on when I will to fill again. I am on will call, so the propane supplier doesn't come when they want to.

I think there's a typo on line 466 of the app:

['battery': battery!='good '? 5 : 100],

should be

['battery': battery!='good' ? 5 : 100],

yes, it is a bug. pushed to latest update

HPM repair to check it out

Edit - got it working. Awesome App. Thanks

nh.schottfam

Would it be possible for you to add a way for us to offset the reported tank %?

My provider only fills my tank to 75%.

I'd like to have 75% report 100%

Thx

I have a 1000 gal propane tank, which in reality can only hold 800 gallons. If the app says I'm at 58%, I'm assuming that means I have 580 gallons left? (vs 58% of 800 gallons, which is 460 gallons). Thanks

yes
tank utility is reading the gauge on the tank and displaying that to you

TankUtility, owned by Generac, is now incorporated in Generac's Mobile Link dashboard.

To tell the truth, I don't have the TankUtility info on my dashboard any more. Maybe that's not good, because the wifi extender out in the garage crapped out, and I didn't have any readings, for weeks on my generator status or the propane tank.

I guess I should check the status on Mobile Link more often, although some kind of notification from Generac would've been nice.

Perhaps Mobile Link's API is available so an integration could be made? I know nothing about that. I might check it more if it was on my Hubitat dashboard. :slight_smile:

There is a lastreading attribute you can check to see if it is recent.

1 Like

Looks great!

While I have a Generac generator, their TankUtility product is very expensive and poorly reviewed--does this HE application work with the Mopeka product?

Mopeka PRO+ LR Wireless Propane Monitor for Residential and Above Ground LPG Tanks - Stronger Ultrasound, Extended Range Bluetooth, and Longer Battery: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I don't know about that, but the TankUtility product worked fine for me.
That said, I've now gone with the Sinope tank level sensor, which is zigbee and has a native driver.
Couple of minor glitches, but overall, works fine.

Thx.

Funny you should mention the Sinope product--I've just been reading through its specs. Did your tank have the natively compatible gauge? This is right at the edge of my propane experience so that part of kinda holding me back from pulling the trigger.

That said, seems like to it's retrofittable.

Appreciate the insight.

Yes, my gauge is compatible.
If your tank is underground though, you may have problems, as discussed in another thread.