Sylvania Lightify Under-Cabinet Zigbee Question

I have a few Lightify products on my mesh without issue. I am using Flex RGBW and the Outdoor Accent Lights RGB, per the HE drivers.

These were manufactured by LEDVANCE, which later made some items for Sylvania. I also have some strips on a separate Lightify gateway and use the community integration to bring them into HE. This has worked fairly well but these strips are only used for white and are on/off for cabinets and closets.

It's been a long time since I set this up but if I remember right the devices made by LEDVANCE were ok to add to the mesh and anything made by Lightify wasn't. I pulled up my Amazon orders but it looks like I purchased some of these items elsewhere.

1 Like

I have the Flex RGBW lightstrip(name back then) as well and it has been rock solid. I've had mine since October of 2016. They are manufactured by LEDVANCE. The in/out numbers on the childroute are always bad. But, on occasion I see items routing through it. It has caused no issues in my zigbee network. I have vague recollection of an issue way back when. I dug up the controller and updated the firmware. No issues since.

I'm not sure you can update firmware anymore. I have a couple that say there is new firmware but they never update.

You could always go with a gledepto controller and separate light strips. That's what I will do the next time I need to add one. I'm finally out of extra radioa

I have one of SYLVANIA Smart ZigBee Flex Strip, RGBW Full Color and Tunable White Starter Kit strips. Purchased in April 2018. I use it as illumination along the door in a small pantry closet. In its previous life it was a bias light attached to the back of a TV. At least five years old and has cycled through C5, C7 and C8. Problem free. I did pitch my Sylvania RGB bulbs. It appears that it does not repeat any of my other ZigBee devices but I have lots of repeater options.

I've been using one for about 4 years now, on my C4, works no problem. Please share the link to them, I'd like to buy 2 more. Make sure they the complete set with controller, as I've seen plenty of extensions but those don't have the Zigbee controller. I also had the Flex lightstrip outside for 5 years before it died. The LEDs are still good but the zigbee controller didn't like all the dirt/rain/mud/snow/salt

I had my 2nd power supply finally give up the ghost on my outdoor garden spots about 6 months ago and replaced the power supply with this. It works great.

MEAN WELL original LPV-60-5 5V 8A meanwell LPV-60 5V 40W Single Output LED Switching Power Supply https://a.co/d/1HFsCjk

Felt I should come back and throw in an update. The very day I posted about my 8 year old strips still going strong, I began to have issues, naturally. The strips were randomly coming on to the default CT as if there was a power outage. Nothing else seemed to be affected so it didn't seem to be house power related. Had some more issues, long story short, I had to replace the power supply and they are humming along again........for now.

1 Like

They're on Amazon.

Searching the same part number also shows them on eBay.

Thanks but the listing is confusing, it says includes "fixture" & "connecting cable" and I could have sworn the last time I ordered, I only got the fixture with an extension cable, but no Zigbee controller was included

EDIT- FYI that seller on Ebay is reliable, "kesn_8" or something like that. From time to time he gets loads of Lightify goods. Last I checked he had no Lightify items, looks like he found another abandoned pallet somewhere

I'm not sure what a Zigbee controller is. The fixture has a Zigbee radio, so I just connected them directly to Hubtat.

Are you certain this device doesn’t have zigbee radio and LED driver built-in?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M7NFPO7

Here's the 18 inch Ledvance 3-fixture kit I ordered in 2020. The controller is shown in the pix.

I'm guessing that this is an add-on slave fixture for the old kits but if it has a built-in controller that'd make it worth cannibalizing.

1 Like

After reading reviews of this one and the 24" model -71150- It does sorta-kinda look like this obsolete fixture series had a built-in zb controller. Gotta know. On order.

2 Likes

The ones I use always had an external controller. It would be nice if it was integrated, but I haven't seen that

1 Like

wait, so you only had to supply power and it connected to HE? And you don't have an existing controller box you connected it to? If so I'm buying one right now

1 Like

I didn't buy that exact one, but I do have three of them in different sizes with boxes marked the same as that one, and they all paired directly to HE.

1 Like

my one still works fine.. i did remove all my syvalnia white tunable bulbs and they would repeat and then freeze up regularly screwing up the mesh..

i also recently replaced all my gardenspot outdoor bulbs as they were weak radios and since outdoors even plugged into a zigbee switch would regularly drop off the mesh..
I now use govee wifi garden devices integrated into hubitat with great sucess and no more drop offs.. the only thing they dont support that the gardenspot did was hardware fade up/down and through software is too inefficient (when fading by 1% increments) so i had to disable fade.

It is indeed a 120 Vac hardwired zigbee fixture, NOT a slave.

It paired right away, using the Advanced Zigbee CT Bulb driver

Controller Type ZGB
Data

endpointId: 03
model: LIGHTIFY Under Cabinet TW
application: 01
firmwareMT: 110C-001F-01020492
softwareBuild: 01020492
manufacturer: OSRAM

It has ports to daisy-chain additional fixtures, and comes with one connector cable but it simply passes the mains through these ports UNswitched by zigbee. Any fixtures downstream are just using it for a power source.

Heh, the box references Iris and says you can pick up other sizes of this fixture at Lowes.