Sylvania LIGHTIFY Smart Switch 8 Functions/ 4 Buttons

2 iris 3210-L devices. These buttons are literally 3 -10 feet from the hub and same distance from a 3210-L.

So you have some Lightify remotes going through your Iris outlets and they work each time you press a button? If so we should post a list of the outlets that actually work with the Lightify remotes. These remotes are inexpensive and seem to have good battery life.

@Ken_Fraleigh I noticed another strange thing happening with the Peanuts. After I replaced all the peanuts with the Lightify outlets I needed another outlet to turn off a device. The peanut was all I had at the time so I tried to include it in a hub but all the peanut would do is flash a red light. It would not include even after trying to reset it and it would not include on any of my hubs. Now there is a new one!!

I had trouble including mine before I switched to channel 20. I also got it to join on channel 15 when I was trying that one out, but several other channels were a no-go. They don't seem to have very good range. The first one I had I tried to put in the garage to control the overhead LED tube lights I hung. I had to rejoin it to the network several days in a row and ended up replacing it with the Sylvania plug, which has been out there for a year and a half and only had to rejoin it once when I switched to HE.

The hub I tried to join it to is on channel 20. I also tried 2 other peanuts one of which was brand new in a box. All I got was as soon as you plug them in they immediately started flashing fast red. The new one wouldn't reset either because of the flashing.

Also I added a second Lightify remote to the mesh and it has worked every time. So I am still wondering if their is a connection between these outlets and certain other outlets and the remotes. ??

I had trouble with the peanuts before I had any other outlets. They were the reason I diversified. I used to have devices completely drop off the network and need to be rejoined almost every day. About six months ago I saw a couple of the previous gen Samsung outlets on clearance at Lowes and figured I would see if they helped. Suddenly devices stopped dropping and responsiveness became much better. I couldn’t find any more of them around so I picked up one of the newer model plugs on Amazon and a couple Sylvania ones on sale. My issues seemed resolved with 3 Samsung plugs and the 3 Sylvania (the one that has been in the garage is also to help with 5 end devices out there that have never fallen off the network). I just wonder now if I should remove the peanuts, but things are working better than ever, so I’m not sure I want to fix what isn’t broke. I’ll probably slowly replace some of the peanuts that are in crucial areas where the mesh is sparse with the Samsung plugs. They seem to repeat more reliably and have a memory buffer, unlike the Sylvania plugs.

Unsure. My hub and iris devices are both about the same distance, so not sure which the buttons are using.

That's just it. It is impossible to tell which outlet or switch or ??? they are going through. Or are they going to the hub directly and these outlets are not messing with the them (remotes). Who knows.

I remembered I have one more peanut in the garage and one in the basement. I need to change them also. Now that I have 2 remotes working I am going to add the third. Will see.

If you do remove one of the peanuts let me know. Then when you plug it back in after remove and reset if it suddenly starts blinking red right after you plug it in.

I had to rejoin some a few days ago. No issues except for them dropping off. I hold down the reset while plugging in and keep holding it for 10 seconds and release and push it once more for it to start flashing. Then I hit discover devices. Is that how you do it?

Even if I hold down the button while plugging it in it still flashes red even after I release it 10 sec. later! So, I just removed one more. Brought it upstairs and plugged it in and it did nothing. So I removed it by resetting it, removed it from the hub, and then unplugged it and plugged back in again and it started blinking red like the others. I wonder if that is the way they go into include mode after being reset. If that is the case then they don't like to be included again because I tried several times with all my hubs and none of them would include again. They all just blink red! No idea what is going on.

Oh, you reset from the hub? I’ve never had to do that, because they just leave on their own accord. But, the flashing red is what they do when I reset them manually. I can’t imagine what is going on with them unless their zigbee radio died. That would be an odd coincidence.

I basically reset them first, then I remove them from any apps, and then do a remove from their device page to remove them from the hub.
So I guess the flashing red is normal but I don't know why they won't include again. That's the weird part.

Do you try to include as soon as they are flashing? Just thinking out loud, so to speak. I’m just wondering if there is a time limit, like with Hue dimmers I think you have 30 seconds, or something like that, to join.

Yea I was quick. The outlet is right next to me and I would hold in the reset button and plug it in and count to 10 and immediately start the zigbee include. It just keeps on blinking red forever!

I got nothing. The only time that happened to me was when I was trying to get it to join on other zigbee channels when I first got HE because SmartThings was on 20.

Yea I have seen the posts about the channel problems. I have 3 hubs and they are on 20,21,22. I was trying this on the hub that is on 20. So I don't know either.

@Ken_Fraleigh Have you seen this in that URL that gives you the zigbee data? I just did this and I am wondering if you have. I didn't push any buttons on the outlet either.

I have seen them in there routing through the plugs if that’s what you’re saying.

Yes, I hadn't seen this before so I am hoping it will help.