Sylvania LIGHTIFY Smart Switch 8 Functions/ 4 Buttons

Any progress with this? The wife doesn't understand why I would have switches that need to be pressed 3 times before they begin working. I know when they were on the lightify hub they functioned independent of the hub. All of the programming for scenes was on the switches like the RGB genie.

Thanks for the reminder, mine is joined now sitting on my desk, I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days and see how it behaves.

We don't have an interface to allow management of touchlink pairing, however there's nothing preventing it from working either.
Personally I don't use direct device to device joining like this since it's difficult to manage, debug and setup.

I appreciate you taking a look at it. I have 9 of these and they all behave this way. It would be awesome if they just worked without having to push several times to get them going. Once they are awake they work great.

Yeah, don't know whats up with them...

Is there any way these switches could cause my hub to crash? I was just using one to see how the lights were responding and now I can’t access the interface. The zigbee network is working fine still. I’m sorry to bother you again. I’m just trying to figure out what keeps crashing my hub and then this happened. Last night I used one of these switches to turn off some lights in a motion lighting group and the lights started turning on and off over and over until I disabled the motion lighting app. I ended up rebooting then as well due to slow response to input that remained after the lights stopped flashing.

Nothing can be absolute, but this is highly unlikely...

I don't know what this is, the smart switch device details, the list of devices?

The web interface wouldn’t load. I had to power it off and on to reboot.

how long does it take for the device to go AWOL?
I've been pressing button 4 once first thing every morning for the past three days, so far its fires the rule every time...

Hmmm. Seems like an hour or so. I have 9 of them spread them around the house and they all do it. Does it work after the first push. It seems like sometimes the first push will register in the hub, but then it takes around 10 seconds before another push will show and then they will work fine. I haven’t ever had to reconnect them to the hub. They have just been very slow to respond when not actively in use. I have 10 of the Lightify 2 Button dimmers that I have never had this issue with. They are in all of the same areas as the 4 button ones.

I don't know if this is helpful, but if I bring up the event logs and the zigbee logs at the same time and push a button on one of these that I haven't used today, the activity shows up in the zigbee log for the first one or two pushes, but no event shows up until the 2nd or 3rd push. I did this with 4 switches that I had not used today and they all behaved this way.

I am also seeing issues with my 2 button lightify switches, with similar behavior, where when used consistently they don’t skip a beat, and after a period they are very slow to respond for a period then seem to operate perfectly again.

My switch was good for its first week, but after a weekend away it won’t wake up with any presses. Its last check-in said 100% battery. I expect that this is a different failure mode than what was reported here, but I am waiting to unbox other switches until I hear more.

Add me to the list of users with "weird" behavior when idle. I've got 4 of these switches configured driving rules, operating multiple devices (switches/dimmers). Once they are responsive they interact as expected (turn on light, long press dim, etc.). However if you walk into a room and push the button once, it appears "dead". Multiple pushes bring it to life with Hubitat and then all is well.

Currently they are getting relegated to secondary use, the wife doesn't approve.

I was able to replicate this issue in the lab, don't have a solution as of yet.
These button controllers didn't act up until I added several zigbee bulbs to that same hub. Prior to having the bulbs the controller responded first press for a week straight, one press each morning. Now it takes two presses each morning.
Just an observational FYI, I don't know the root cause yet.

I appreciate your efforts on this. If it works with other zigbee switches on the hub I may just buy another hub to put all of my zigbee lights on if you can’t figure out a solution.

Mike, thanks for looking into this issue! I do have other ZigBee smart outlets, sensors, and stuff (along with Z-Wave dimmers) on my hub. I never thought of them interacting.

Let me know if there is anything I can attempt locally to assist in your debugging.

I don't know if this is any help or not but I removed a few Hue bulbs from the Hue Bridge and then the Hue Bridge itself from HE. I then added the Lightify 4 Button Switch to HE last night.
Today I tried the Lightify and it worked with a first push of all buttons after sitting all night.
Prior to removing the Hue Bridge and bulbs it took several pushes of a button to work.

Yeah, there's no relationship between the Hue Bridge integration and Zigbee devices running on Hubitat.
The correlation I described was between Zigbee bulbs paired to Hubitat and the Lightify smart switch

@mike.maxwell Ok, understood. I also wanted to throw in that I have several Eria and Sengled bulbs installed so they obviously are not messing with the switch either. In fact the Eria bulbs show up as repeaters.

I have around 50 Sylvania rgbw lights 5 Sylvania motion sensors, 12 Sylvania 2-Button dimmers, 5 Samsung Buttons, 5 Iris V2 contact sensors, 1 SmartThings Multi-Sensor, 1 Hue Motion Sensor, 4 Hue Dimmers, 3 Samsung outlet plugs, 7 peanut plugs, 3 Sylvania outlets, and 9 Osram 4-button switches. They are working perfectly fine, and all paired without issue the first attempt, except for these 4-button switches. If I need to buy another hub for them to work, would you recommend moving anything over with them? Did you have any other zigbee devices on the hub with the switch when it was working?