Sylvania Lightify Motion Sensor

I got Sylvania Lightify Motion Sensor (zigbee). When i pair it then it will pair as Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor. I switched it to a generic zigbee motion sensor but i still get a status unknown. What i am doing wrong here?

I've got three working. I had trouble with one of them and had to reset it. For some reason it doesn't like to pair with a different hub if it was previously paired.

You can reset it by holding down the button for at least 10 seconds.

After pairing mine and switching drivers, I hit the configure and refresh buttons. Current states populated just after the first motion.

2 Likes

Don't recall having to change mine from Contact to Motion sensor, but all replies here make good sense. Reset, pull the battery for at least 10 seconds and use the configure button after pairing and setting to the right driver type.

1 Like

So here is what I just tried

1. remove from hubitat
  2. hold down button for 10’secs. Got a flashing blue light
  3. discover devices
  4. finds zigbee contact sensor
  5. back to devices and select it
  6. change from generic zigbee contact sensor to generic zigbee motion sensor
  7. save
  8. configure
  9. refresh

Then nothing changes. No lights on motion sensor nothing seems to respond

That motion sensor won't detect anything for 45 seconds after motion is first detected. Do you see "active" in Hubitat preferences? Wait 45 seconds with no motion and you should see inactive, then be able to trigger it active again.

I get status unknown. Never got it to change from that

Try the factory reset again, but this time pull the battery afterward. I've found some zigbee devices simply will not completely reset if the battery is not pulled after the reset procedure.

Also, try perhaps giving a little extra time after the device is discovered before clicking Save. Perhaps it is not fully completing the pairing.

1 Like

That did it! Thanks for the help!

1 Like

In smartthings this motion sensor also has buildt in temp sensor.. is this working in HA?

yes, it does report the temperature.

I'm currently in somewhat continuous transition mode, IRIS to Smartthings for a month, now Hubitat. I added two of these Sylvania motion sensors to Smartthings when I made the transition there, and had a lot of issues then pairing them with Hubitat, because they didn't want to go into pairing mode.

What I found it that holding the button for 10 seconds doesn't cause it to un-pair from it's previously paired hub, and removing the battery alone after holding the button for 10 seconds doesn't put it in pairing mode.

I had to hold the button for 10 seconds, then remove the battery. I then installed the battery while holding the button in. The sensor glowed an orangeish color for a few seconds. As soon as the orange color went away I let off the switch and now got the blue flashing LED indicating pairing mode, and they easily paired.

The sensor does report temperature.

1 Like

Hi all,

First post here. Decided to take the plunge into hubitat from Wink2 and so far so good. Only hickup is I have several of these Sylvania Lightify Motion Sensors that do not want to reset. Tried every which way to get them back into the blue pairing mode. Tried pressing button for 10 seconds, then tried pressing for 10 sec then remove battery, then the same with holding the button for 10 seconds after placing battery in. Only thing I discovered is if I click the button 3 times it flashes pink.

I'm about ready to throw these against the wall to physically reset them. Any ideas?

1. Remove the device from your smart home set up.
  2. Remove the battery from your motion sensor, and leave it out for at least 6 seconds.
  3. Locate the gray button on the left hand side of the sensor. Hold down this button while simultaneously re-inserting the battery.
  4. Continue holding down the button for an additional 3 seconds until the light starts flashing blue, indicating that it has been reset and is in pairing mode.
1 Like

Thanks! That worked like a charm.

That happens with the Lightify 4-Button switches. It takes forever to finish configuration, and seems like it isn’t going to, but it does after about a minute or 2.

1 Like

I paired mine this week and it does show up as "Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor" but it does not show any motion events at all.

I can see Temperature and Battery events only.

Any ideas from the people who have this working properly?

Does motion show as inactive, or is motion not even listed? If it’s not listed, I would think that the configuration didn’t complete. Have you tried hitting “configure” on the device page? If that doesn’t work, try resetting them and rejoining in a different location. I have several of these that have never had an issue since being paired.

Motion is not even listed.

I hit the configure button but it seems to not be doing anything. I'll try and remove/re-pair it now and report back.

Repairing it worked. Boy do I feel stupid for not trying that first.

Thanks for jogging my slow brain!

2 Likes