Sylvania Lightify Motion Sensor

You're supposed to blame it on not enough coffee yet :wink:

2 Likes

Same as AaronFG, I was getting only battery and temp, after replacing the battery (with amazon shipping delay). So the unit was without power for 3 days.

After trying to reset the sensor, and "detect device" a couple times. I still only got temp events.

So, on a lark, I tried changing the device type to "Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor", save and configure.
And then changing it back to "Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor", save and configure.
And tada! motion events came back!

At no time did I do a full remove and re-pair, because I wanted to retain all my device associations.

Moving to HA from Wink. Started with about 10 light switches that are now working great.

Next up in my process (about 20% there!) is 3 of these motion sensors. Have tried everything listed in the thread above to reset them.

Is there potentially a different process considering Wink is so fried it won’t let me disconnect anything, let alone them, and maybe they’re therefore locked out from a reset?

Any ideas of other methods to potentially factory reset them?

Thanks!

Z-Wave compliance requirements are that any Z-Wave certified hub must be able to reset a device joined to another hub, in the case like you’re describing where the previous hub is no longer available to exclude the device.

It’s called a General Exclusion and HE can do it. Might need a factory reset of the device and a few exclusions, but you should be able to accomplish it.

These are Zigbee. Doesn’t look like zigbee has an exclude capability.

Finally figured it out. Sylvania OEMs these from another company - LEDVANCE. Found this on that company’s website:

If this didn’t work, follow these steps:

1. Start the pairing process of your smart home system. Your system should open a pairing window in which Zigbee devices are able to pair.
  2. Remove the battery of your SMART+ Zigbee motion sensor.
  3. Press and hold the grey button for about 4 Seconds.
  4. Insert the battery and release the grey button within 1 seconds. The status LED should be flashing blue several times.
  5. In around 30 seconds the SMART+ Zigbee motion sensor should appear in your system.
1 Like

Any chance you have the fingerprint from yours?
Curious how it compares to the Sylvania Centralite Motion Sensor-A.

fingerprint

fingerprint model:"Motion Sensor-A",
manufacturer:"CentraLite",
profileId:"0104",
endpointId:"01",
inClusters:"0000,0001,0003,0020,0402,0500,0B05",
outClusters:"0019"

Device Details

Where would I find that? Don’t see it in the device info unless I’m just not digging deep enough. New to Hubitat as of yesterday.

I'm using a C5 running older software... but it should be under the "Data" section near the bottom of your "Device Detail" page.

Sorry, not seeing it there. Just shows this:

• endpointId:01
  • application:
  • manufacturer: CentraLite
  • model: Motion Sensor-A

No idea what CentraLite is.

1 Like
  • Make a note of what driver (device type) in the device's settings page.
  • Switch the driver to "Device".
  • Save.
  • Open logs in a new window.
  • Back in the Device settings page, click "get info", the output will be in the logs.
  • Switch back to the original driver, save.

They are (were) a large manufacturer of devices. They made devices for Smartthings, Iris, and many other companies. They went bankrupt a while back, but are supposedly making a comeback.

1 Like

Most likely if you follow @neonturbo's directions you'll see the same fingerprint as above.
It's likely that your Motion Sensors are the same as mine.

Sylvania is a tortured path to follow, some of their products are good, some bad, some outwardly identical ones can be both. My personal Sylvania Home Automation experience has been good only with these motion sensors. :man_shrugging:

Is that process going to mess up any of the rules I have on it? Have multiple of these used both in "zone motion controllers" as well as in their own respective rules for battery monitoring and whatnot.

no, it won't mess up any of your rules, they won't fire while you're doing the test with the driver "Device", but after putting the original driver back in place things will work as expected.