SwitchBotAPI Driver for SwitchBot Bot

Hi all,
Recently SwitchBot has released their SwitchBotAPI.
I've created a small driver to control my Bot devices directly from my HE7 hub without IFTTT.

In case any of you are looking how to connect your SwitchBot bot to HE7, you can the driver here:
hubitat/Drivers/api-bot · toffehoff/hubitat (github.com)

Personally, I would have loved to be able to interact with my SB hub directly, so I would my home-setup run locally. But alas.
On a positive note, using the SwitchBotAPI (instead of IFTTT), does make the bot respond significantly faster.

3 Likes

Thanks @toffehoff for posting this driver, and welcome to the community!

1 Like

Thanks @Sebastien.

To all: I just did a small update to the driver so the on/off command will only be sent to the SB-API when there is actually a change in the state of the switch.

Thanks for this!
I was going to look into this myself but hit the issue that the iPhone app does not give you tokens yet.

@damianm There is an instruction on how to get the token (you first need to get the app in developer mode), you can see it in the README. If that does not work, you can send an message to support of SwitchBot requesting your token.

2 Likes

They state the iPhone app does not support this yet and I tried the instructions anyway. I will contact support. Thanks.

1 Like