SwitchBot gets an open API!

Home Assistant works with everything; once you have it set up and running, I agree there is no need to add more complexity.

1 Like

I’ve also started getting errors intermittently through the day and my Smart Lock fails commands sometimes. My hub is in my hall closet on the other side of the wall from my front door, and I can’t get it closer (without using an extension cord) coming out of the closet, so I’m not sure what’s going on. I may try the matter hub route, but would really be great if this would work more consistently as is. Did you find a solution at all?

Summary

I've moved the hub as close as possible - like 6 feet - from my other Switch-bot devices. I still get tons of errors in the logs. BUT, I don't see errors in the Switch-bot logs themselves. So I don't really believe it's a problem between the hub and the devices but rather between the integration and the hub. I've improved reliability of Hubitat automations by always repeating every command usually with a few second delay between the commands. But, the errors in the logs are really annoying. Last few hour errors--

Those errors are from http which means IP networking - wifi or ethernet. I suspect device2550 is misconfigured or the IP # it is wants is unavailable.

I believe if I'm reading the code correctly, the integration code is contacting https://api.switch-bot.com/ etc etc. and getting these errors. So, either their server goes south or there's a bug in the @tomw s code. I think it works most of the time and errors some of the time?

Or possibly there's a bug on the switch-bot side. Seems other integrations are having the same issue:

That sounds likely to me. I moved to using switchbot matter from homekit for my blinds because I don't like being tied to the cloud. I'll move the blinds back to Hubitat Matter one of these days.

The Switchbot servers will also call into missing endpoints in Hubitat with no good way to get rid of it if you lost the API key for the endpoint.

Hi All,

Love this integration! Works great.

Question, which I may have asked before - how do I add new devices?
Since installing two blinds and a set of curtains, I now have a Switchbot Camera, and today a Switchbot Lock.

For the lock, I installed the driver, but am unable to get the device created.
It shows in the Switchbot System Devices, but will not create a child device.
Any ideas??

Same here - the logs say:

dev:16922024-05-21 18:01:59.192 debug create ChildDevice() failed: deviceType not supported
dev:16922024-05-21 18:01:59.188 debug create ChildDevice: deviceType not supported

I have the keypad and it looks like the 'system' see's that it's there but there's no driver for the keypad (yet?) so unsurprising that it's not getting created, but the driver for the lock is present and I can 'manually' create a device but I'm not sure how to manually link the device to the system (network id?)

I am trying to use a Switcbot Lock unlocking as a trigger and it never gets triggered. It never shows up in the logs either. But the status of the device is correctly shown in the device itself. And locking and unlocking works. But, can't be used as a trigger. Is there something obvious I'm missing? And since I'm using a Switchbot Hub2 which supports matter I'm wondering if that's a better way to go these days. I have both a lock and a curtain 3 device which work great with this code other than this issue.

Locks are not yet supported in the current implementation of Matter in Hubitat.

Rats.

Hate to have automations in multiple places, but it works fine in Apple HomeKit.

I just grabbed and installed a Lock Pro. I can't seem to get it into hubitat, but I also don't remember the process for updating the child device list. Can anyone help? Lol

I'm having this issue as well, even deleted my child devices and recreated them and still no lock. Did you get yours figured out?

An update, I can see the lock listed in the parent device now where it lists out all the devices under "state variables".but when I click create child devices it does not create one. Even tried deleting child devices and recreating and I get no new devices.

Someone did indicate that the lock was not yet supported in HE, though not sure why is shows as being recognized by the Switchbot integration

Never used a switchbot before. Think I have my first use case though. Would switchBot be usable to push a button on this?

@tomw thanks for your drivers supporting the various Switchbot devices. Wondering if the drivers support the Switchbot Remote though?

I have these neat little Remotes installed and working direct with curtains and blinds via the Hub Mini Bluetooth in different rooms but I have a spare Remote I wanted to use to control an Aqura Blind I have also connected to HE. Having the Remote exposed as a child device will allow me to create a routine to control the Aquara Blind.

I installed your drivers / App from Packet Manager and everthing works great but the remotes dont show up as child devices? I can see the JSON data under the Variables as highlighted in the screen shot

You can fix this yourself, if you're comfortable with editing the "Switchbot System" driver code:

(the integration does have the smart lock driver, just doesn't recognize the newer one named "Smart Lock Pro", so add that bit indicated above)