Support for Bond hub

Unfortunately Hubitat does not support unsolicited UDP messages so there is no way to implement this.

I guess one approach would be to run a little "UDP-to-HTTP" proxy running on a home computer to take care of bridging from UDP to what Hubitat understands. I may look into it at some point when I have time.

1 Like

Yeah that could be done. However it’s not something I’m considering for this integration. I don’t want people to have to setup extra hardware.

2 Likes

I guess options are always nice, but can understand reasons for not wanting a more complex setup.

1 Like

Hi I'm very new to hubitat. I've done all the steps to get bond connected with HE but every time I try set the app up I get an error.
I have to idea on writing code or changing code but any help would be much appreciated.

The error says
Unexpected Error
An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.
Error: No signature of method: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException.getResponse() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: getMessage()

Then when I check the logs it says
[error]://192.168.1.57/installedapp/configure/37)groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException.getResponse() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: getMessage() on line 195 (prefListDevices)

What point in the process do you see the error appear?

Right at the start, I go to add new user app. Out in the IP address and the token and hit next. Then the error pops up.

Best I can think of would be to double-check those two details, the IP Address and the token. On the surface it sounds like it is expecting to get back a list of devices or other more general details and is not able to communicate for some reason with your Bond bridge.

Ok thanks, have triple checked that. All correct. The only thing that I can think of is our very poor internet at the moment. It's a long shot but only thing I can think of. Will have NBN soon (newly built house) but everything else Ive set up goes ok on the poor internet.

I'm 98% sure the Bond app operates using a local API call, i.e. it should not need the Internet. That said, if your router is setup to use an Internet-based DNS first, that may impact it somehow (networking not my speciality...). You could try pinging the Bond bridge from a PC to see if you get a response...

Haha networking not your specialty, I don't really understand half the stuff you just said. I'm reasonably tech savvy but only just got my HE this week. Got a fair bit of stuff already set up, but the bond bridge is my first hiccup.

All good, I did overload the last post a with a bit of jargon now that I re-read it... :slight_smile: Hopefully @dman2306 (the developer of the app / drivers) can assist you with your issue soon. Otherwise happy to help out if you are still stuck.

Out of interest what are you operating with the Bond bridge? I could imagine blinds (or shades if you prefer) might be a popular accessory over there?

Haha all good, yeah hopefully someone can help me. Yeah got a couple RF ceiling fans and a lot of the roller blinds are RF. I just unplugged the internet (router still powered on) and could still use the bond app to operate the blinds so must all be locally controlled.

1 Like

I'd double check you don't have a space before/after the IP you entered. Also, can you ping that IP from your PC on the same network? DNS shouldn't be an issue DNS only comes into play if you entered a hostname, not an IP, and it shouldn't give a Connect error then it would give a DNS Resolution error, so I suspect the IP is incorrect.

1 Like

I don't have a PC here at the moment but can ping the IP on my phone on the same network and the bond shows up. Might try deleting all the drivers and doing them again

I wouldn't go that route, that's not going to help anything. The error message is saying it's having issues connecting to the IP. At this point the app isn't even yet trying to use any drivers, it's not yet able to connect to port 80 of the Bond IP. It's either going to be something wrong with the BOND IP address (like I said, a trailing space or something), or a networking issue.

Ok thanks, definitely no spaces in the IP address, and the token is just copied and pasted. It successfully logged in when I pinged the IP from my phone's browser and used the local token.

Hmm interesting. Again, the token shouldn't be an issue yet either because the token only gets used after we connect. a ConnectTimeoutException is a TCP level error saying we couldn't connect to the BOND on port 80.

Ok, I'm not very savvy in this stuff it's a bit more advanced than my knowledge sorry.

No worries, just trying to make sure we don't waste time troubleshooting in ways that won't help :slight_smile: Do you have any "crazy" networking setup, or just a basic router with wifi built in?