Support for Bond hub

Bond Bridge Pro works great. Everything with the integration works perfectly. The Pro is definitely very pricey but I love that I now have my Bond in my basement, out of view, instead of near my fireplace. Not that the Bond is ugly, but now it's completely out of the way. I will look into adding the "shade slider" support for those who have window shades and a Pro.

3 Likes

Sounds nice...

Is it possible with the Bond API to either know the position of Somfy blinds / awnings or at least whether they are fully open or fully closed? From what I see in their mobile app and through this Community App/drivers if the blinds are closed, that is the only point that they report as closed, but is they are open at all they report as open.

If not it is fine, I think it ultimately comes down to the fact I have chosen to use a 2 button device to replay the 3-button Somfy remote, so I probably need to look at something similar to control them through HE.

To my knowledge, the Somfy position support requires the Bond Pro Bridge

1 Like

As a note too, I still need to code support for it. The beta firmware that supports it was just released today :slight_smile:

1 Like

So when can we expect it :slight_smile:

Honestly, no pressure... Thanks for spotting it in the Bond release...

My goal is this weekend

1 Like

You have more adventurous goals than I am willing to set for myself...

1 Like

Searched the forums, cannot find info on what is in the 2.2.7 release. Are the beta release notes available somewhere?

Huh?

1 Like

You referred to the “beta firmware that supports it was just released today”. I thought you were referring to the latest Hubitat firmware?

Sorry I’m referring to the Bond Bridge Pro firmware.

Apologies for the confusion. Eagerly scouring the forum for mentions of the forthcoming new firmware for HE. I will reduce my caffeine intake accordingly. :wink:

So I have 3 fans on the Bond Hub running @dman2306 drivers. They all work and they work with the Alexa skill however one of them always has Alexa report back "I don't know what went wrong." Even though it did do what I asked. That fan is not reversible so the driver on it is the "Bond Fan" and not "Bond Fan with Direction" like the other two. Just mentioning it in case it could be fixed somehow.

FWIW, I've been getting that lately from Google too, but the command does actually go thru and states are properly reported in all the right places, so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

I am having the same issue. I have found that if I say "Alexa, Set fan to on" or set fan to off. I don't get the message. If I say turn fan on or turn fan off then I do.

I just got my first "Smart by bond" fan controller and set it up. Works perfectly.

Probably getting a second, but I'm assuming I'll have to install another instance of the app since I don't have a Bond hub? Each bond device has it's own token.

1 Like

Yup. Exactly.

1 Like

Got my second controller and did just that.

Working great.

Thank you for this project/integration!

3 Likes

Hi @dman2306,

I was looking at the Bond API page and noticed they have a "Bond Push UDP Protocol", though the article indicates it is in BETA.

http://docs-local.appbond.com/#section/Bond-Push-UDP-Protocol-(BPUP)

Is that something you have seen? Is it old news and you are already using it in the drivers? Just thought I'd mention it in case it was of interest.

Simon