Support for Bond hub

Thank you.

I just ran it, without security, and it ran fine.

Short of removing and reinstalling, can I turn security on?

If you turn security on you just need to specify the hub username/password in the package manager.

Turned on Security in the Package Manager Settings.

Hubitat Life is Good.

I'm gonna lay low for awhile, and troubleshoot the fan in my office. It stopped responding to commands from Bond, and the RF remote that came with the fan (Less than two weeks old). I suspect it's probably in need of a reinitialization. But, that's another day and another forum.

Thanks again for al your help.

1 Like

Hi dman2306, I hope you could give me a hand please.

I added all the fans to Bond and I'm able to control all the functions from the app (Light On/Off, Direction, Fan On/Off and Fan SpeedUp/SpeedDown). I used your app and added the fans to Hubitat and I'm able to do all the above but I have issues with the fan speeds, it shows low, medium-low, medium, medium-high and high but only send the low and High commands to the fans and nothing in between.

I grabbed this https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dcmeglio/hubitat-bond/debug-logging/apps/BOND_Home_Integration.groovy and here is the log:

to control the fan I used the device's screen. First urned the fan Off, then low (argument 1), medium-low (argument 2), medium (argument 3), medium-high (argument 5) and high (argument 6).

I'm not sure why after low it translates 6 to Bond instead of the argument number.

I appreciate any help

Could you go to Apps and click the little gear icon next to the bond app and take a screenshot of the following lines:

Hmm are you on the latest code? The log messages there don't match the latest code on github

Here is the log from the latest version, I installed from the Hubitat Package Manager App...

To control the fan I used the device's screen. First turned the fan Off, then low (argument 1), medium-low (argument 2), medium (argument 3), medium-high (argument 5) and high (argument 6).

So I'm not sure I'm understanding the problem at this point. Your fan supports 6 speeds, but HE only supports 5 speeds so it has to map between the two. The code does this:

6: ["high": 6, "medium-high": 5, "medium": 3, "medium-low": 2, "low": 1],

So high = 6, medium-high = 5, medium = 3, medium-low = 2, low = 1 which seems like exactly what it is doing. What are you expecting it to do?

The problem is how the fan behaves in real life:

When I select "low" on the device's screen, the fan's speed changes to low which is good.
But when I select any of the other ones (medium-low or medium or medium-high or high) the fan's speed is always high.

Ok, I understand now. That sounds like something you need to talk to Bond about. Based on your logs I'm sending the right values to the API:

So it sounds like an issue where the hub isn't sending the right commands to your device.

1 Like

Ok, cool... I will contact them! THANKS A LOT!

1 Like

No problem, sorry I couldn't be more help!

1 Like

@dman2306 is it possible to add an option for "toggle" and have your HE driver be the source of truth for it's state when selected? Currently I can configure in Bond a "toggle" button which works great but in HE I only have the option for on or off so I just use on as i'd like the same button to be the toggle but in doing this it effectively never turns off within HE but the fan toggles perfectly fine. Is this possible?

FYI - I don't use the Bond app and I don't use the physical remotes so HE should be the source of truth anyways in my house.

Great work on the app / drivers @dman2306, got my Bond Bridge this week and have now setup the HE integration, works like a dream. I'm using it with Somfy shades at the moment.

Thanks,
Simon

So just a toggle command? Yeah that should be doable. However, the app pulls the status from bond when it polls so if bond is wrong not sure how much this will help you?

1 Like

Perfect that's all I need mate.

I’ll try to take a look this weekend

1 Like

Thanks mate I truly appreciate it.

I've had my Bond Bridge working great with the App for some time. I just installed two fans that have the Smart by Bond built-in. I am able to add the app instances for each one fine, but only the first one add shows devices in the Device view. The second one never populates the devices. Reading through another post, it seems like the App is assigning the same device ID to both sets of fans. The first one I added shows "bond:1 & bond:1:light" as the DNI for that fan whereas the Bond Bridge I still use shows up as "bond:2a1b9aa3 & bond:2a1b9aa3:light." I checked the App Integration Status and sure enough both Apps show "fans enum ["1"]" so both are getting assigned the same device IDs.

On a side note - I wish had found the Innovelli Fan+Light controller to test first. Opens up a lot more fan options. The Minka 'Smart by Bond' fans are good designs though.