Sunrise / Sunset Bug in 2.2.3.145

Silicon Lab site is not allowing new user registration for some reason. Tried different machines browsers (Safari, Chrome), same issue. I will try again tomorrow with a hope that their backend is fixed.

Btw, is PC Controller app Windows only?

Yes. PC Controller is Windows only. The rest of SimplicityStudio doesn’t have that limitation.

But you can run it in a virtual box.

If it's not against their EULA, can someone share the installed/executable for PC controller? Their site is still having issues and not allowing new account registration. To open a support case or to post in their community, all requires an account. Same issue as earlier.

I am still not able to create an account at sillabs and can't contact their support w/o the account either. Can you please share the issue on their forum on my behalf. Here is the video walkthru of the issue.

Sunset bug rears its head again (in 2.2.5.127).

Today is end of daylight saving here in NSW (Australia) and all my simple automations fired 1 hour early.

Which is what I have - I assume this hasn't been fixed yet?

Current firmware is well past that (2.2.6.137).

So has the bug acknowledged by @gopher.ny been fixed between then and 2.2.6? I didn't see anything in any of the release notes unless I missed it.

EDIT : is this it? " * Simple Automation Rule-1.1: Fix before sunrise/sunset."

All I know is that it works correctly for us each morning. C-7, 2.2.6.137.

Normally works fine very day for me too in my (older) version. It's just today that is our transition from DST.

It may be an issue for U.K. Australia that is not present in U.S.

I'm in Australia :grinning:

I think there are still some latent DST change bugs in the hub. We got most of them resolved, but evidently not all.

DST is a pain in the butt. I've had issues when I first started with WeMo devices and their rules. Then with ST and initially with HE but I must admit, not so much now.
I've taken the view that things may go off kilter for one day but resolve themselves the next day. (Usually). :wink:
Not ideal but I think we have more pressing issues going on at the moment. :mask:

1 Like

Unfortunately there will always be pressing issues :grinning:

I noticed that no other Australian users reported the same issue so probably as @672southmain said it may have been to do with my older firmware. I've updated my hub in the interim and will report back in 6 months if it persists!

Won’t be same firmware by then, so the test will be inconclusive.

Fair point.

But if it's sorted relative to 2.2.5 that's all that matters right? :smiley:

Well, with each release, you get all the latest bugs, and some resurface after hibernating. Life on the bleeding edge.

Also more fair points. In any case it will be 6 months before I can check on this again lol.

1 Like

We have the same problem. We did catch and fix many DST time change bugs this time around. It's hard to believe how tricky this ends up being, as we seemingly have not caught them all.

3 Likes

@rocketwiz I am from Perth :wink:

I had issues yesterday while using 'Start at this time and end at Sunrise' - The lights turned on outside the scheduled time using Simple Automation Rule ( I am running the latest firmware) - Unlike the eastern states, we don't do DST here on Western Australia.

The time for sunset and sunrise under 'Location' are completely off so perhaps this explains it.

My geofence reports as 'out of geofence' even though I input my full address - I manually sent a 'Geo Event' but it didn't even register despite the fact I'd turned on Debugging.

The time on the logs are correct though: