Sump Pump with Zen17

See my post above.

Unfortunately, the stock driver for the ZEN17 doesn't have those parameters built in. The Driver for the ZEN16 does and it appears that they are the same parameter numbers, so you may want to try switching to that driver to make it a bit easier. Definitely test after you switch back to the ZEN17 driver to make sure it took.

This is the ZEN16 driver:

and this is what it looks like:

EDIT for Posterity: I did not know that @jtp10181 had created the companion driver for the ZEN 17 - don't do what I summarize below - use his companion driver.

Just to summarize what I would do:

Select Zooz MultiRelay Driver -> Save Device
select '8' for parameter Auto Turn-off Timer for Relay X [either 1 or 2 - whatever you're hooked into, don't touch 3]
select 'seconds' for parameter Auto Turn-off Timer Units for Relay X
Save Preferences

Hit Configure and Refresh at the top

Go back down and switch back to the Zooz Zen 17 Driver -> Save Device

Test to make sure it is working as you intended.

THanks. I ended up finding code for the zen17 so now see parameters. is the number I enter hours, min, sec? It doesn't let me enter in HH:MM:SS format just a value but not sure what value is.

The number you enter is driven by parameter 15 (for relay 1) or 17 (for relay 2)

From @velvetfoot's link:

So for relay 1, you'd want to set parameter 6 to '8' and parameter 15 to '1'

Use this companion driver to access all the ZEN17 settings. I would avoid doing it on the ZEN16 driver, the parameter numbers may not all line up exactly and cause problems.

2 Likes

Yes, that's even better advice yet.

I"m looking at Parameter 6 - it asks for value 1-65535

Is 8 not between 1 and 65535?

In all honesty, if you take @jtp10181's advice, you'll have this done in about 2 minutes.

Ok sorry I misread I understand now. I changed para to sec and changed to 7. I triggered it on but turns off instantly not delay.

I'll try but seemed a little over my head.

I just tested setting it with companion driver and it stayed on for 7 seconds. Switch driver, first Sync from Device, refresh, then change setting, then switch back to normal driver to test.

Man, I feel like I do some risky stuff sometimes, but this one's outside even my comfort zone...

good luck!

1 Like

getting lots of errors in logs
dev:2622023-03-30 12:45:12.783 PMdebugrefresh()

dev:2622023-03-30 12:44:08.303 PMerrororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_jtp10181_Zooz_ZEN17_Companion_Driver_651.componentOn() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper) values: [Zooz Zen17 Universal Relay - Relay 1] (method componentOn)

dev:2622023-03-30 12:44:08.119 PMerrororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_jtp10181_Zooz_ZEN17_Companion_Driver_651.componentOn() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper) values: [Zooz Zen17 Universal Relay - Relay 1] (method componentOn)

dev:2622023-03-30 12:44:07.927 PMerrororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_jtp10181_Zooz_ZEN17_Companion_Driver_651.componentOn() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper) values: [Zooz Zen17 Universal Relay - Relay 1] (method componentOn)

dev:2622023-03-30 12:44:07.584 PMerrororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_jtp10181_Zooz_ZEN17_Companion_Driver_651.componentOn() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper) values: [Zooz Zen17 Universal Relay - Relay 1] (method componentOn)

dev:2622023-03-30 12:44:07.420 PMerrororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_jtp10181_Zooz_ZEN17_Companion_Driver_651.componentOn() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper) values: [Zooz Zen17 Universal Relay - Relay 1] (method componentOn)

dev:2622023-03-30 12:44:06.486 PMerrororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_jtp10181_Zooz_ZEN17_Companion_Driver_651.componentOn() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper) values: [Zooz Zen17 Universal Relay - Relay 1] (method componentOn)

dev:2622023-03-30 12:44:05.096 PMerrororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_jtp10181_Zooz_ZEN17_Companion_Driver_651.componentOff() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper) values: [Zooz Zen17 Universal Relay - Relay 1] (method componentOff)

dev:2622023-03-30 12:43:45.294 PMerrororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_jtp10181_Zooz_ZEN17_Companion_Driver_651.componentRefresh() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper) values: [Zooz Zen17 Universal Relay - Relay 1] (method componentRefresh)

dev:2622023-03-30 12:43:43.984 PMerrororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_jtp10181_Zooz_ZEN17_Companion_Driver_651.componentOn() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.app.DeviceWrapper) values: [Zooz Zen17 Universal Relay - Relay 1] (method componentOn)

Yeah I will stick to my good old trusty float switch to keep my basement from flooding. I added some monitoring around it but the sump will work on its own as long as it has power.

Not going to stop me from helping someone get a ZEN17 to do what they want though.

The driver is only for setting the parameters.
After you are done you have to switch back to the normal one to control it. There are instructions on the post about the driver.

This is for backup. So if primary fails then I have float switch that would trigger zen17 to use back up. I appreciate help but I think i need to get more familiar with hubitat, fairly new. I used smartthings for years and was little more declarative in settings.

I was hoping to avoid messing with drivers/code. and use an expression or rule. When float switch triggers S1. Then switch relay to ON for 7 sec then off.

You can do it with a rule, but I thought you were trying to set the auto-off on the device itself? In this case I would say it is better to set on the device so you dont have to rely on the hub and risk it getting stuck in the on position for a long time.

You dont have to mess with any code, just install that driver, follow the instructions, change the setting and switch back to the main driver. Then when you flip it on, it turns back off by itself, no rules needed.

If you don't want to do that, just say so and I am sure the others can help you make a rule instead. I just jumped in to point out the companion driver I created.

I have a ZEN17 and I've seen it lock up a few times where even the physical trigger doesn't work. Your backup float switch should bypass the ZEN17 completely.

Got it. Yes you are right, I would prefer that way since if power fails my hub will be down. Ok I'm going to re read your post and reset zen17 and start from scratch.