Success with Sinope TH1300ZB floor thermostat

Yes, that's the driver I tried. But it too had a non-functioning SetThermostatMode command. So I switched back to the in-built driver. Except when I did, I got this "Limit" on the display and heat was no longer being delivered. For now, I switched back to Auclair's driver and set all the max's to the max level and the min to the min level. No more limit, for now.

It's set on Floor. But does anyone know the meaning of the three limits set in the driver? I suspect that's my problem. The first one's label suggests it's in Celsius only, but the second and third are ambiguous as to C vs. F. A bit confused, so I'm just trying stuff. :slight_smile:

Genuinely appreciate the offer, but I think I'll save requests for help for when I don't have a work around! :). Appreciate it guys.

I'm sure @samuel.c.auclair can track the issue down...

I tested a bit further. The "set thermostat mode" does NOT update the details from the device page, however I noticed on the thermostat itself the modes of "off" or "heat" do update the thermostat. A little power symbol displays on the lower right area of the thermostat display.
Overall I like the device, but it seems after Mike created the HE driver, the company monkeyed with the firmware and likely didn't let Mike know.

In any event I did not find many smart options for floor heating.

Yeah thanks, I'm seeing the same. I have to say, I love this device. Sinope seems to make quality products.

Anybody use this driver with a dashboard? We control our home's thermostats--including this floor heat thermostat--on dashboards around the house. Works great, but I just noticed something.

When I add the Sinope TH1300ZB to a dashboard using the thermostat template, the heatingSetpoint / thermostatSetpoint doesn't show up on the tile, so we can't adjust the setPoint from the dashboard. Any idea why this is and how to fix?

Below are pictures of a "normal" thermostat tile on top and then the Sinope tile using @samuel.c.auclair's driver underneath. See how there are no arrows and no setpoint? Also, see the "off" label in thermostatMode window on the lower tile? It never changes to Auto even when the thermostatMode changes from Off to Auto. I'm guessing the device driver has to tell the dashboard somehow how to represent itself on the tile. Maybe I'm the only one trying to do this.

@samuel.c.auclair, is this is a fairly simple change to make? TIA....

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 3.47.21 PM

The sinope floor thermostat is only for heating. I've never seen mine do cooling. The top is my main thermostat, Bottom is my Sinope Th1300ZB

Yes, my comments above were only about heating. In other situations, I've seen thermostat tiles with just one row of setpoints (just heat), rather than the dual as in your example above.

I have TH1300ZB with Samuel's drive and my dashboard is fine.

Thanks for sharing that. Can I ask you to check something specific? When you click on the left box that says "heat | mode" or "off | mode", does the tile indicate a toggling between the two modes? My tile will activate or deactivate the thermostat as expected, and it will change the tile color as expected. But the label itself (heat or off) never changes. So weird.

Looks like you may be using Smartly. Wonder if that's the diff....

EDIT: Upon further review, I think this relates to the same issue discussed a couple weeks ago in this thread---that the thermostatMode attribute does not update. So the tile continues to show "Off" even though the device is doing what it's supposed to do.

[quote="mluck, post:48, topic:9988"]
with just one row of setpoints (just heat), rather than the dual as in your example above.
The bottom one that's just heat is the th1300zb I use...

I don't think there is off for this thermostat or I never used that option. I use setHeatingSetpoint to set my temperture or clicking the up/down arrows on the dashboard tile.
To answer your question, clicking on the "heat | mode" or "off | mode" on the dashboard or device page did nothing for me. It will just stay on Heat mode.

Totally get that. My problem is that I don't have any arrows on my tile. All my other thermostat tiles have the one or two rows of setpoint arrows. But not this one. Stumped.

I understand now. Can you post a shot of the tile as well a shot of your device page?

I could leave without changing the mode too. But not having the setpoint arrows on the tile is what I'm struggling with.

Here's my device page for you to compare to. Maybe press configure if your page is not the same.

@mluck, I've just look at my driver code and I realized that there is some differences in the code for the heat and off for this thermostat compared to the normal electric heating thermostat. Will try some modifications and will let you know soon.

1 Like

Super thanks

Yeah thanks. Weโ€™re the same. What happens if you put this device on a dashboard?

I tried with a HE dashboard without Smartly and here's what I have.

thermostat

@mluck can you tried the new version. If you have install it with HPM, it should be easy to update. Although I don't have specifically this thermostat, I've slightly modified the code (that was based on the smarthing driver code) for the thermostat that I have, and the response of the thermostat is better than before. I've applied the same modification for this floor heating thermostat.

I will be surprised that it does not work for you. On the thermostat tile, just change the mode for heat or off, and it should works as the other pictures shows in the conversation. Auto mode does not exist for this thermostat.

1 Like

That did it! Thank you so much!

1 Like