Struggling with migrating to C8

That's where the restore breaks. Can you try Zigbee reset to see if it's coming back? The radio status must be online, and you should see a PAN ID.

I did the reset.

Says "online" now.

Should I try the restore again?

1 Like

Go for it...

Internal error while doing restore.

Rebooting and will try again...

same after reboot.

Please check the Zigbee again. It sounds like we may have a migration problem bigger than the issue seen with users coming from C5, which we are aware of. Alternatively, do you mind trying to downgrade the C8 to version 2.3.5?

Go to this end point:

HUB.IP/hub/advanced/downloadPlatform/XYZ

Where XYZ = 235 for 2.3.5

Then go to Diagnostic Tool and restore previous version and select 2.3.5.

Do I need to also downgrade the C7 before I do the migration backup?

No

don't mind... Still rebooting C8, I'll check Zigbee. If not on, I'll turn on before retrying, then do the downgrade if it fails.

Let's take one step at the time to see where the process breaks. That will help us narrow it down where the problem might be. Thanks for all your help.

zigbee was off again. I turned it back on and started the migration. Same thing.

BTW, I can't do any navigation using the UI. I have to enter the URL /settings to try the restore.

Ok, see if downgrading to 2.3.5 makes a difference, if not then downgrade the C7 too. If that doesn't work, will call it a bad C8 and perhaps a replacement will be in order.

I don't want to downgrade the C7. It works well and I don't have confidence I can be back to where I am with it. I can't spend much more time on this...

But, I will try downgrading the C8 to 2.3.5

The work around for the c5 problem was to downgrade the source hub to 2.3.5, so downgrading the C7 would maybe work. The user who confirmed it works said the c8 was on 2.3.6

Also I wonder if you have no Zigbee devices would it work to just do the migration and de select Zigbee radio?

Ok, I'll try deselecting Zigbee. But, from above post, you can see I am unable to downgrade the C8.

WHOO HOO!

Message that hub was successfully restored... Rebooting now...

1 Like

Not good...

After reboot I'm asked to register the hub. When I do "Log in and continue" I get message "Cannot connect to the cloud, try again later".

Yet, if I go to settings and network test using cloud.hubitat.com ping, it works fine.

No devices under Devices.

But, I see the ZWave devices under Z-Wave details.

I want to punt on the migration. At this point, it seems much easier to just redo the Z-Wave discovery, re-install apps, etc.

But, maybe I have a bad C8? What can I do to test it before I spend more time doing the "migration manually"?

I think that might be the case. Your C8 hub is online so was able to retrieve the logs, and it shows that Zigbee radio continues to have problems. I sent you a replacement hub. Please check your email for more details.

4 Likes