Struggling with migrating to C8

No issues pinging.

The fact that I have to keep agreeing to the terms of service would seem to imply the C-8 thinks I'm a new user--even after agreeing to the terms at least 20 times.

Apparently, I registered the C7 under a different email. I tried changing the admin email for the C7 to my new email (the one used to create a new account when trying to restore migrated backup to the C8).

But now, hub details on the C7 report that the hardware version is C8. But, the C7 still seems to be working.

I submitted this ticket:

I want to migrate my C7 to C8, but the C8 can't see the migration back-ups done on the C7.

My C7 admin email was davethomaspilot@bellsouth.net. My C8 is davethomaspilot@gmail.com. I want to use davethomaspilot@gmail.com for both hubs.

I tried changing the admin email on the C7 to davethomaspilot@gmail.com. But now, the C7 hub thinks it's C8, according to hub details.

I have local file backups of the C7 that were done before I change the email admin to davethomaspilot@gmail.com. Should I try restoring from one of those on the C7?

Or, how do I get things straightened out?

Thanks!

Thats not really possible

As I said in my first post:

Go to My Hubitat > Registered hubs. Do you see both hubs?

What does it look like there?

1 Like

No, I only see the C8. But, I see both on the LAN:

... Thats not really possible

Turns out I was really on the C8 when doing that snip.

I figured out how I got confused. From the C7 Hub Details:

Note the davethomaspilolt@bellsouth.net (versus gmail.com for the C8) as the admin

So, I click on:

You can manage this registration by logging into My Account

Then I clicked on "Connect to Hub". But, that's the ipaddr of the C8.

Apparently the C7 isn't registered? Yet, I see cloud backups from the C7:

So, I think there's an account for the C7 under bellsouth.net and different one for the C8 (gmail.com).

Can I get a "migration backup" to a local file that I can use to restore on the C8? Or, can a Hubitat admin get the C7 cloud backups available for the C8?

You need to get both hubs on the same account, this is what I suspected from the very start.

Change the admin on the C7 to the new account if that's the account you want to keep using going forward. Then do a new migration backup once it is moved over. Then the C-8 will be able to see the new backup.

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought that may be the way to go, but it seems the entry widget for changing the admin email is disabled on the C7.

When I click on the "Email Address", nothing happens.

I see, need to cancel subscription. I forgot I even had one!

This should work. Thank you for all your quick replies and help!

I replaced your image because you had identifying info in it

1 Like

Thank you!

I guess I'm still stuck until the subscription cancels. Status says "pending cancellation".

Is this expected? How long does it take for the subscription gets cancelled (I can't do the migration until I make new email the admin, and I can't change the admin until the subscription is cancelled).

I would go to support.hubitat.com and put in a subscription ticket. @bobbyd will get you fixed up.

2 Likes

I did that last night, but no change in status.

Should I get some sort of acknowledgement that I submitted a ticket? How long should it take?

Am I correct in thinking the reason I can't do the "Replace Admin" (the entry is disabled) is that I have an active subscription.

Yes that is correct. Support posted in another thread that they were a little backlogged this week from the long holiday weekend. Probably compounded by increase of sales with the holiday special.

2 Likes

Just want to make sure I really "put in a subscription ticket".

I visited this page and completed the form:

but I didn't get any acknowledgement nor do I know a way to check the status.

You should get the acknowledgement upon submitting the case. It looks like this:

You cannot check the status. But I checked the case for you and is in the queue for tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Thanks bobbyD.

After that post, I got copied on some emails. That was more like I was expecting.

This morning, my C7 subscription was cancelled and admin was moved to my new email account I was able to make a backup under the gmail account.

I thought I was home free, but now I get:

when doing the restore on the C8.

Maybe this is related to why I get the internal error when trying to do the migration restore...

I can log into myhubitat.com from an incognito browser using my gmail credentials.

I can see both my C7 and C8 hubs.

When I connect to my C8 hub from the "Registered Hubs" page, I'm presented with a "Register your Hub" page. Then I get a response "Cannot connect to the cloud, try again later.."

I've been trying again later for about an hour, so I suspect the issue might be wrong credentials?

I'm giving it the same as what I used to login to the myhubitat.com. Could it be different?

Thanks for feedback. Looks like your C-7 is connected to the cloud but running 2.2.6. Can you please update to the latest release (2.3.6) then run another backup?

Also, have you had a chance to reboot the C-7 as instructed in the earlier email message?