Stelpro KI STZW402WB

2 Likes

Thanks to you both! I have what I need; I can now set the thermostat! I am impressed by my new found “community:)

1 Like

Did u remove it? The link gives a 404. Tks

Looks like it was renamed. Here’s the link:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ymerj/Hubitat-miscellaneous/16ee77e3182f93144959a8cc7489de4899d8e009/Stelpro%20KI%20Zwave.groovy

2 Likes

Sorry, I forgot about that. Yes I renamed it. Thank you for providing the right link. I updated the post.

2 Likes

Thanks. The driver seems to work fine, but it does not work with HomeKit integration. It exposes the device as a temperature sensor and a switch. Looping in @gopher.ny just in cases it hides something. Looking quickly to your driver I didn’t find anything significant other than removing the fan that is non existent on this device. Will dig some more.

J

I can't help you much with that. Apple stuff is completely foreign to me. The part about being a switch is something I added because I wanted to use it also as such but it does not preclude it to act as a thermostat.

The google home integration expose it as a thermostat so my guess it has to do with how the homekit deals with it.

Is there a thermostat option on the device in the integration? If so just click that then reload the integration and it should appear as a thermostat in HK

Since @ymerj implemented a switch as part of the driver, Homekit integration seems to think that it is not a Thermostat. It is shown in the Switch area, and not the thermostat area.

This is a problem with homekit because google home see it as a thermostat. But still if you want you can disable the switch capability by just commenting out line 32 in the driver.

1 Like

Will give it a try to see if it makes a difference. Thanks.

1 Like

I would like to set up rules to change the heat set point of my STZW402+ depending on the Time Of Day but it is not found in the rules machine under thermostats. Can anybody please steer me to the right path?

Install the new version. It should show up after that:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ymerj/Hubitat-miscellaneous/main/Stelpro%20KI%20Zwave.groovy

Too bad Hubitat force all setting to be shown even if they don't apply. I guess we don't have a choice. Just ignore them.

I don't see a version number on it ymerj. I installed it 2 weeks ago is it the same version?

It is new. I did not put version number... I can add it. No biggy.

Edit: added version number for convenience

Please, let me know if it works

It works to allow the Stelpro to be used as I asked.
Thank you!

1 Like

I was away for quite a while due to some nasty radio problem (sss). Back operational Today, and I tried your latest version of the driver - Either you made a fix, or HE did some fixes...but it works as expected ( and quite fast I should say) with Home Kit. Thanks for your support... really like this community...

J.

1 Like

Given I had some errors in the past weeks, I am paying attention to my error log. Did anyone experience this type of errors with V1.3 of the driver ? Seems to be intermitent.

The driver does not have the polling capability. I can add it but this error never occur on my setup with 12 thermostats. Is there by any chance a left over scheduled job from a previous driver?

edit: I added it anyway... test to see if the error comes back (version 1.4)