Sort of off topic, but has any one had experience with the Eufy video door bell?

Anybody make any progress with the Eufy video doorbell in Hubitat...other than using tasker that is.

2 Likes

so if i put tasker on my phone i could control notifications from ring

Yes the basic Notifications in Tasker easily let's you react to a notification from any app,

If you want to respond based on subject or body of message, then I recommend going with AutoNotifications. I gives you a lot more options but is more complicated to use. For example, I use AutoNotifications to do 1 thing with Wyze Notification that contains "Dining Room" and do something else if Wyze Notification contains "Living Room".

1 Like

Thank you! This could save me quite a bit of money and complexity. In my case I want my EufyCam 2 to activate an AeoTec chime connected to a HE Hubitat hub. With the method you describe I could eliminate HomeKit and thus save the cost of an iPad (HomeKit hub) and a Pi (HOOBS hub).

If you have an Android phone, paid for the Tasker app, and are familiar how to use it, that's all you need. The limiting factor will be how fast Eufy sends notifications to your phone. I actually use my previous phone that is always home to receive the notifications. I do exactly what you are looking to do with Eufy cameras with my Wyze and Amcrest cameras.

Thanks. Mine is an iPhone. It's always on and nearby. I see a Tasker app in the App Store. It's $2.99 and the icon is a gear with a lightning bolt on top. Is that the right one? There are several Tasker apps.

This is Tasker in the Google Play store:

You won't find it in App store because Tasker doesn't work on any Apple products. Apple is too protective of their OS.

1 Like

I never thought to look for Tasker in the iOS App Store, because as @stephen_nutt said, iOS devices simply wont allow apps to do what an app like Tasker is capable of doing on an android device.

But since you mentioned it, I just searched for it. Is this the app you’re referring to?

If you take a look at the app’s description, it’s nothing more than a to-do app. Completely unrelated to the android app, but my guess is the developer is hoping he/she can confuse people and get them to shell out 3 bucks for the app by mimicking the android app’s icon.

Holy BLEEP! That is blatant!

@ptbtx Don't download that from App store!

Thanks. Like Mark I looked at it and see that it's not the same. Has anyone tried any of the alternatives listed here: Tasker Alternatives for iPhone - AlternativeTo.net

1 Like

Another option is to reactivate my Samsung Galaxy S5 on a text only plan like Ting for $9/mo but am thinking I'll be better off in the long run with HomeKit and HE via HOOBS.

You don't need a data plan on Galaxy. Eufy is sending notifications, not text messages, and those can come thru WiFi. The Android I have receiving all of the notifications from Wyze, Amcrest, and Eufy doesn't have a data plan of any kind. You just need the Eufy app on that phone.

Thanks for explaining that. I installed the Eufy and Tasker apps. Will give that a try.

Hi @stephen_nutt,

I have 2 Eufy Cams setup frontyard and backyard. As soon as I receive the notification on my android phone, I want tasker to inform Alexa device connected to my hubitat hub.

It works well for 1 cam when I use the simple notification in tasker using the method you described above. How do I use for 2 cams using Auto Notification?
Can you show an example or a screenshot of how you have setup Auto Notification for 2 different cams?

The easiest way to do it is trigger motion with first camera and wait until you get a notification. Then, go to Tasker and setup a new profile with Event as AutoNotification Intercept. When it opens, click on the edit button and top right corner and it will open the configuration screen.

Then, click on first line that says "FILL FROM CURRENT" and go select the appropriate notification.
That should populate all of the settings. Then, do the same for your second camera. If you are like me, you might have to tweak it a little by experimenting with the settings but the FILL FROM CURRENT gets you off to a good start.

I am in a little different situation since I have the Doorbell. I have one HTTP Request on motion and one for the button pushed. For a button push, the word "Ringing" is in the Notification Title. For motion, the word "Person" is in the Notifictation Title. For both, "EufySecurity" is the Notification Apps. I would guess that whatever you named your cameras in Eufy App is either in the "Notification Title" or "Notification Text". For my Wyze Cams, the name of the camera in Wyze App is in the Notification Text.

Hi @stephen_nutt,
I followed your example and created 2 tasker profiles, 1 for Frontyard and 1 for backyard.

I also created 2 rules in RM 4.0 as below

The name of the cameras appear in the 'notification text'.
But it doesn't work as expected. If there is motion in backyard, the Frontyard rule is triggered 'someone is at the front door'.

Any suggestions?

Everything looks good on what you posted. The only thing I can think of is that you posted same cloud endpoint into both HTTP requests accidently. I've done that when creating copies of similar tasks.

That is weird that it says "Motion detected" for backyard and "Someone has been spotted" for frontyard.

1 Like

Oh, I thought that cloud endpoints are the same.
You were right, I had copied and pasted the same cloud endpoint.

Let me validate and confirm.

Edit: I found the issue. The task used in 2 separate profiles in Tasker were the same which was fixed.

All good now :slight_smile:
Thanks @stephen_nutt so much for your help!

Glad you got it working! I've found Eufy and Amcrest are pretty quick using this method. Wyze not so much.

Also I just went and bought a cheap pay as you go Android for $20 with no data plan, put Tasker on it, and it's job is to handle the notifications while staying at home so I can use local endpoints.

Hi @stephen_nutt,
Can I setup 2 rules (cloud and local) and 2 tasker rules (1 for cloud and 1 for local) for the same camera? Will that work? :thinking:

If I am home - the local should trigger and if I am outside the cloud should trigger.